The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Question raised on death of animals in the flood

Activity : 235
    Geek-Cred : 8

Question raised on death of animals in the flood

Post  CreatorsPixels on February 18th 2013, 8:26 pm

As usuall, I'm behind on the podcast. Was listening today to one either 1 or 2 back and had a comment on something you said. You said something along the lines of you weren't really sure why God allowed all the animals to die when he could have just as easily only killed humans. Which is quite true though I never really thought of it before. Well it kinda reminded me of a recent scripture I 'read' in Exodus. Exd 23:29 "I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee." This is in reference to the promised land that was about to be taken by the Israelites. But I think it could also apply. With just 2 of each kind, animals have rapidly repopulated the earth. Imagine if they had a 2000 year head start on humans! Also I wonder if they hadn't been impacted by 'every desire of mans heart was evil'. We have many 'custom' breeds of say dogs now. What if man had in some form 'perverted' Gods animals as well has himself and so only the 'pure' genetic code was saved? Any way, just some thoughts. It could have just as easily been another simple object lesson for the rebirth that we have in Christ, how we can start over with our slate wiped clean and sins forgiven. Many scriptures speak of God caring for the sparrows and knowing when they fall, I don't think God allowed the animals to be destroyed without reason, though we may never be able to comprehend it. Just my two cents worth.....

Activity : 4900
    Geek-Cred : 49

Re: Question raised on death of animals in the flood

Post  Paeter on February 19th 2013, 2:28 pm

Some really interesting thoughts, here CP! Thanks for giving me some new ideas to stew over and consider!

-Seek The Truth!

Current date/time is October 27th 2016, 11:25 pm