The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Podcast Bumpers

Activity : 4891
    Geek-Cred : 49

Podcast Bumpers

Post  Paeter on March 4th 2013, 4:40 pm

Someone recently brought to my attention the fact that some of the bumpers can potentially get old after awhile. Their example was the recent interview bumper, which you guys heard 4 weeks in a row because of the unusual amount of interviews I did recently. (Sorry about that, by the way.)

This possibility occurred to me even as I was creating the bumpers last fall. Despite them being more interesting than standard sound effects/music clip bumpers (in my humble opinion) they can also become more noticeably repetitive due to their length and narrative nature. (Whereas standard bumpers can just be sort of tuned out and not thought about due to their more brief, generic nature.)

Right now its hard to see myself putting in time to conceptualize, write, record and mix new bumpers, but there may be some alternative solutions, and for those I need your input and feedback.

1. Create some generic music/sfx bumpers to use most of the time and come back to the narrative bumpers now and then to mix things up.

2. Invite the SBP community (yeah, that's you guys) to conceptualize and write bumper scripts that I can then record and mix. (This would cut the workload roughly in half.)

Any thoughts or additional ideas?

-Seek The Truth!

Activity : 364
    Geek-Cred : 21

Re: Podcast Bumpers

Post  ComiKate on March 4th 2013, 5:18 pm

I much prefer the first option. The second will give some new impulse, true, but these new bumpers would not solve the initial problem: they too would get "old", and it would make your efforts dependent on the ongoing willingness, energy, time and creativity of the community. Now, of course our community is fantastic and so on and so forth, but really, how long would that truly last...? (oh, did I tell you I was a very practical person? Wink )

So, my suggestion would be go for the musical bumpers and use your (great!) customized ones now and then to spice things up! They are cool, so don't throw them out yet!

Activity : 794
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy on March 4th 2013, 9:39 pm

Personally, I like things how they are. (I still crack up every time I here Ken's bumper.) I was getting kind of tired of the old ones before the "reboot," but the new ones are still interesting to me. I suppose eventually maybe I will tune them out, but I think they are more interesting than a normal musical blurb.

If in general others are growing tired of them, I would think that option #1 would be a good way to handle it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:58 am

Current date/time is October 25th 2016, 6:58 am