The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Your Favorite Geek YouTube Shows

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50

Your Favorite Geek YouTube Shows

Post  Paeter on April 26th 2013, 12:20 pm

The Summer Of Free is quickly approaching, and for one of the segments I'd like to focus on cool Youtube shows/channels. So I'd love to get links to your favorites posted here along with a brief description of what the show/channel is and why you like it!

The criteria are that they must be geek-themed (so stuff like random funny videos, and music videos are out, unless they have a geeky theme) and not encourage spending money. (So review shows are out unless they almost exclusively review content available for free.)

Within those boundaries, you can be as broad as you like! The deadline is June 12th, which will be here before you know it!

Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com

WhiteBoy

Activity : 801
    Geek-Cred : 12

Re: Your Favorite Geek YouTube Shows

Post  WhiteBoy on April 27th 2013, 2:09 pm

I'm not much of a YouTuber...at least compared to most of my friends. But I do enjoy Geek & Sundry's TableTop show. (I hit the Dice Tower fairly often, too, but you said no review shows.)

Description of what TableTop is: Will Wheaton (and frequently Felicia Day) hosts a game night with various, random people of note. (I am not using the word "famous" because that would a stretch for most.)

Why I like it:

1. It's about board games. Smile
    2. It's funny.
    3. It's a chance to see how the game is played. There's no real review happening...it's just watching them play and listening to their conversation.
    4. It's a chance to see people of note play a game. How often to you get to see a comic book writer or the CEO of Blizzard other than in an interview talking about their book or game? I think it's interesting to see them in a different setting which is totally different than their "normal" environment.

I wouldn't say I hit every episode by any means, but it's fun to catch on occasion...particularly if you like "how to play" shows for learning about games.

ComiKate

Activity : 366
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate on May 7th 2013, 7:35 pm

I like GeeksandSundry, Felicia Day's channel. I don't know every show on there yet, but her six season webseries The Guild is awesome - especially for you RPG gamers out there! I'm no gamer but even I recognized a LOT of the geeky behavior that they did.

I also like Machinima. Not everything's free, but some series are, like Dragon Age: Redemption (also with Felicia Day), which is a cool fantasy series, based on the video game.

Third: "That girl with the costumes", AntiAiChan's very geeky channel. She's in her twenties I think, but she often makes me laugh, especially when she's really geeking out over some comics or cosplay.
    Same goes for a related channel, G33ksoftheWeek. Five young geeky people who each vlog one day of the week. AntiAiChan has Monday, and I especially follow her. When I'm in the mood I watch some of the other's videos as well, but its mostly the Mondays that I'm interested in. Anyway, check it out and see for yourself.

Last but not least, if you want to watch some great comics art in the making, check out Nebezial1's Youtube channel. He's the artist on Ravine, the comic I'm reviewing in the upcoming listener created episode of the Spiritblade podcast. You can see him work, which is awesome!

davidclements

Activity : 7
    Geek-Cred : 2

Post  davidclements on May 10th 2013, 6:35 am

I'm a huge fan of Lifehacker. They share a lot of geeky tips focused primarily for tech, but there are occasional posts/videos about video games or ways to MacGuyver something in your home. Really great stuff.

If you're into film-making, you need to check out FilmRiot and FilmState, which are both produced by Triune Films and hosted by the same guy, Ryan Connolly. If you're more into comics, though, they also have a show called Variant that I'm a frequenter of.

Hope you find these shows interesting and entertaining!

DNArington

Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington on May 12th 2013, 1:29 am

ItsJustSomeRandomGuy is awesome and hilarious.

And then there's How It Should Have Ended. I guess that is not strictly geeky, but a lot of the videos they do is about geeky movies.

CineFix has an on-going series of videos where they remake geek movie scenes with no budget. The videos are creative and fun, but I can't suggest CineFix as a whole because they have some inappropriate content as well. Here is a link to the Hommade Movies page: http://www.youtube.com/user/CineFix/videos?tag_id=UCVtL1edhT8qqY-j2JIndMzg.3.homemade-movies&view=46&sort=dd

and in case you were wondering, yes that is Jeremy Jahns.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:12 am

Current date/time is December 4th 2016, 3:12 am