The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central


    Thoughts on The Wolverine (spoilers)

    Share

    Rickster

    Posts : 1186
    Activity : 1935
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 33

    Thoughts on The Wolverine (spoilers)

    Post  Rickster on August 9th 2013, 12:39 pm

    I saw the Wolverine last weekend and had a couple thougts

    1. Was it just me or did the Viper look a lot like the Enchantress from Thor?
    2. At the end when Logan was dying he talked with Jean and when he refused she said some thing like "i'm alone" but if she really was in heaven or some form of after life where is cyclops? Could it be he isn't dead?
    3. In reply to Paeter's comment about why Logan couldn't use the cure. the source of the cure (the boy who takes away the powers) is now with the X-Men so they can't make any more. Also the cure obviously wasn't permante because Magneto had is powers at the end. and if I remember correctly Magneto was able to move the chest piece at the end of Last Stand

    DNArington

    Posts : 547
    Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28
    Join date : 2012-02-01

    Re: Thoughts on The Wolverine (spoilers)

    Post  DNArington on August 10th 2013, 12:20 pm

    1. Now that you say it... Yeah, she really does.

    2. I think that the Jean Gray sequences were all in Logan's head and it wasn't really her (at least that's how I inturpeted it)

    3. I was thinking something like that happened, but I haven't seen The Last Stand in a year or two, so I wasn't sure.

    That after/mid-credits scene was awesome! Magneto and Prof. X working together? Awesome! Now I'm pumped about Days of Future Past! I wonder what is going to be the explanation for Prof. X getting his body back.

    DNArington

    Posts : 547
    Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28
    Join date : 2012-02-01

    Re: Thoughts on The Wolverine (spoilers)

    Post  DNArington on August 10th 2013, 12:27 pm

    Oh and does Patrick Stewart age? Is it just me or does he look exactly the same as when he did in the original X-Men 13 years ago and in anything else I've seen him in?

    DNArington

    Posts : 547
    Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28
    Join date : 2012-02-01

    Re: Thoughts on The Wolverine (spoilers)

    Post  DNArington on August 12th 2013, 10:27 pm

    So at the end of The Wolverine does Logan still have all his healing powers? Because at first it looked like it transferred into the old dude, then he was unhooked from the machine and his claws healed pretty quick, the he stabs the still young guy and then he turns old again and then he trows him off the cliff. Did the old guy still have some of the healing power or did it all revert back to Wolverine?

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3483
    Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Thoughts on The Wolverine (spoilers)

    Post  Paeter on August 13th 2013, 5:35 pm

    Rickster wrote:
    3. In reply to Paeter's comment about why Logan couldn't use the cure. the source of the cure (the boy who takes away the powers) is now with the X-Men so they can't make any more. Also the cure obviously wasn't permante because Magneto had is powers at the end. and if I remember correctly Magneto was able to move the chest piece at the end of Last Stand
    I definitely see that point, but think they should have made that obvious in this movie. It seems to me if logan really wanted a cure he could have found some samples somewhere like Rogue did. Would have been pretty easy for them to reference the cure and say supplies have run out, but they didn't.

    As for Magneto getting his powers back, that could be because he's an exceptionally powerful mutant or some other reason. (It's probably not, since rogue will be in the "Days Of Future Past".) I agree with your logic, but viewers shouldn't have to spend time "figuring out" what at face value looks, to me, like a decent sized plot hole.

    Drew.Rub suggested another alternative, which I like: The cure is essentially a drug, and Wolverine's healing factor burns it away before it as the chance to take effect.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3483
    Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Thoughts on The Wolverine (spoilers)

    Post  Paeter on August 13th 2013, 5:35 pm

    DNArington wrote:Oh and does Patrick Stewart age? Is it just me or does he look exactly the same as when he did in the original X-Men 13 years ago and in anything else I've seen him in?
    The Bruce Willis effect. Shave your head at the right time and you live forever.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    DNArington

    Posts : 547
    Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28
    Join date : 2012-02-01

    Re: Thoughts on The Wolverine (spoilers)

    Post  DNArington on August 13th 2013, 10:02 pm

    Paeter wrote:
    The Bruce Willis effect. Shave your head at the right time and you live forever.
    lol! Awesome!

    Rohelf

    Posts : 74
    Activity : 104
    Geek-Cred : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-08
    Age : 35
    Location : Louisville, KY

    Re: Thoughts on The Wolverine (spoilers)

    Post  Rohelf on August 15th 2013, 8:01 pm

    Concerning the Viper, can anybody tell me why she bothered shedding her skin in that last fight sequence? It didn't seem to serve any purpose except to make her look creepier, and it felt to me like they really just wanted to show off this awesome effect they had rendered.

    Between that, and the many hints dropped about Mariko that never come to anything (what is it about her that's so special, and why did she try to kill herself early in the story), I wonder if the script had been radically re-written late in the game, when certain scenes had already been shot.

    Also, Patrick Stewart is a Highlander. That is all. Wink

    Drew.Rub

    Posts : 503
    Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18
    Join date : 2010-07-07
    Age : 43
    Location : Evansville, IN

    Re: Thoughts on The Wolverine (spoilers)

    Post  Drew.Rub on August 16th 2013, 4:53 pm

    DNArington wrote:Oh and does Patrick Stewart age? Is it just me or does he look exactly the same as when he did in the original X-Men 13 years ago and in anything else I've seen him in?
    Of course he doesn't age. He'll live to the 24th century and command a starship. D'uh.

    DNArington

    Posts : 547
    Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28
    Join date : 2012-02-01

    Re: Thoughts on The Wolverine (spoilers)

    Post  DNArington on August 20th 2013, 11:34 pm

    Rohelf wrote:Concerning the Viper, can anybody tell me why she bothered shedding her skin in that last fight sequence?  It didn't seem to serve any purpose except to make her look creepier, and it felt to me like they really just wanted to show off this awesome effect they had rendered.
    There really wasn't any reason given for that, but i guess the knife loosened her skin enough so she pulled it off like a reptile?...Question But i thought it looked awesome and was a cool concept.



    Rohelf wrote:Between that, and the many hints dropped about Mariko that never come to anything (what is it about her that's so special, and why did she try to kill herself early in the story), I wonder if the script had been radically re-written late in the game, when certain scenes had already been shot.
    I don't know about any script rewrites, but Mariko tried to kill herself because she didn't want the huge responsibility that was about to be placed upon her, with her father passing away and leaving the company to her. He "asked" Logan to protect her, because he wanted Logan to stick around so he could complete his plan. Logan decided to protect her and he sticks to his word. Not sure if that answered all your questions. When I saw the movie the first time a couple little things confused me, but now have seen it three times and that was my take on it.

    I am still confused, however, on what Logan saw at the funeral that tipped him off to the intruders. Was it the tattoos? I don't know.

    Rohelf wrote:Also, Patrick Stewart is a Highlander.  That is all. Wink
    Drew.Rub wrote:Of course he doesn't age. He'll live to the 24th century and command a starship. D'uh.
    lol!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Thoughts on The Wolverine (spoilers)

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:42 pm


      Current date/time is December 3rd 2016, 12:42 pm