The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central


    Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Share

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3491
    Activity : 5031
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Post  Paeter on August 29th 2013, 2:20 pm

    I find myself back playing Fallout 3 again after a couple years away from it. I put a measly 70 hours into it before, no DLC, 1/3rd of locations unexplored. For about $15 I picked up the GOTY edition with all DLC and am remembering all over again how awesome Post-Apocalyptia is! No such thing as "finishing" a Bethesda game, is there? Woo-freakin'-hoo! Long live the "Fall Of Frugality"! (And no, I am not committing to a new recurring podcast segment...yet.)


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    45shiro45

    Posts : 37
    Activity : 45
    Geek-Cred : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-29

    Re: Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Post  45shiro45 on September 1st 2013, 8:28 pm

    Yes! I've been playing through the GOTY edition after a few months (and recovering my original gamertag)... Soo addicting. The expansions are pretty fun, too... I still have to do Mothership Zeta, but I plan on exploring every location first and go back to Reilly's Rangers to get rich!

    After that, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition!!! Very Happy

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3491
    Activity : 5031
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Post  Paeter on September 3rd 2013, 6:48 pm

    45shiro45 wrote:Yes! I've been playing through the GOTY edition after a few months (and recovering my original gamertag)... Soo addicting. The expansions are pretty fun, too... I still have to do Mothership Zeta, but I plan on exploring every location first and go back to Reilly's Rangers to get rich!

    After that, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition!!! Very Happy
    Sweet! Did you blow up Megaton? Do you plan to? I did... but then went back to an earlier save point. I guess I just like my little Megaton shack a little too much. Oh yeah, and the people. I guess those people seem nice too...


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    45shiro45

    Posts : 37
    Activity : 45
    Geek-Cred : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-29

    Re: Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Post  45shiro45 on September 4th 2013, 12:35 am

    Wow, no, I never blew up Megaton, never even thought of doing that. I always play my characters how I would like to be in real life, so I always come off as a saint. The only time I've fired on anyone without being fired on first was the creepy cannibals in Andale... I talked my way out of conflict, then (justly) executed them... :-)

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3491
    Activity : 5031
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Post  Paeter on September 4th 2013, 8:25 pm

    45shiro45 wrote:Wow, no, I never blew up Megaton, never even thought of doing that. I always play my characters how I would like to be in real life, so I always come off as a saint.
    I'm never really able to play these games like I would act in real life (assuming I was brave and all that stuff). Too often they create a false sense of conflict by only presenting tainted choices. You can be morally good, but not without coming across like a judgmental jerk sometimes. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to ask a question for clarity on a moral issue that the game won't let me ask!!! So I typically just say, "screw it" and play the game asking myself, "What would Vincent Craft do?" They usually have some pretty consistently fitting options when I approach a game that way. In fact "Vincent Craft" has been the default name for my RPG characters for awhile now.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Rickster

    Posts : 1191
    Activity : 1942
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 33

    Re: Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Post  Rickster on September 4th 2013, 9:05 pm

    Well according to Pat Robertson killing in video games is the same as murder in God's eyes.

    45shiro45

    Posts : 37
    Activity : 45
    Geek-Cred : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-29

    Re: Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Post  45shiro45 on September 4th 2013, 9:51 pm

    Rickster wrote:Well according to Pat Robertson killing in video games is the same as murder in God's eyes.
    Even killing that God considers acceptable?

    And according to Pat Robertson, men can't help themselves in our oversexed culture and that women should just deal with adulterous behavior instead of confronting it... Shocked 

    I think he lost it a long time ago... No

    45shiro45

    Posts : 37
    Activity : 45
    Geek-Cred : 2
    Join date : 2013-05-29

    Re: Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Post  45shiro45 on September 4th 2013, 9:57 pm

    Paeter wrote:
    45shiro45 wrote:Wow, no, I never blew up Megaton, never even thought of doing that. I always play my characters how I would like to be in real life, so I always come off as a saint.
    I'm never really able to play these games like I would act in real life (assuming I was brave and all that stuff). Too often they create a false sense of conflict by only presenting tainted choices. You can be morally good, but not without coming across like a judgmental jerk sometimes. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to ask a question for clarity on a moral issue that the game won't let me ask!!!
    I agree that sometimes they give you a lot of choices where there seems like there's no right answer, but I think I do OK... Tenpenny Tower is by far the worst moral quandary I've been faced with. I still haven't figured how to justly finish that without killing innocents...

    Megaton on the other hand, is a VERY clear choice- blowing up a whole town of innocent civilians (minus some miscreants at the bar) with a nuclear bomb = BAD... Wink

    Rickster

    Posts : 1191
    Activity : 1942
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 33

    Re: Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Post  Rickster on September 4th 2013, 10:44 pm

    45shiro45 wrote:
    Rickster wrote:Well according to Pat Robertson killing in video games is the same as murder in God's eyes.
    Even killing that God considers acceptable?

    And according to Pat Robertson, men can't help themselves in our oversexed culture and that women should just deal with adulterous behavior instead of confronting it... Shocked 

    I think he lost it a long time ago... No
    When my friend posted the video on Facebook about that I said like "Pat Robertson said something I disagree with what are the odds" he needs a hobby maybe video games.

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3491
    Activity : 5031
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Post  Paeter on September 5th 2013, 2:05 pm

    45shiro45 wrote:
    Megaton on the other hand, is a VERY clear choice- blowing up a whole town of innocent civilians (minus some miscreants at the bar) with a nuclear bomb = BAD... Wink
    True, but sometimes I like playing "bad", not to scratch some itch to be evil, but to see how things play out. In my mind I'm often playing out a tragic "Darth Vader/Vincent Craft" kind of story. And other times its just interesting to see what a game will allow you to do. Still other times, I play a meta-game where my character realizes he is stuck in a complex simulation, that no one he interacts with is real, and that his ultimate goal is to do whatever he can to gain power so that he can eventually take on the puppet-masters(designers). Of course I haven't had a single character that's been bale to pull that off yet...


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Rickster

    Posts : 1191
    Activity : 1942
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 33

    Re: Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Post  Rickster on September 5th 2013, 4:16 pm

    Paeter wrote:I play a meta-game where my character realizes he is stuck in a complex simulation, that no one he interacts with is real, and that his ultimate goal is to do whatever he can to gain power so that he can eventually take on the puppet-masters(designers). Of course I haven't had a single character that's been bale to pull that off yet...
    Sounds like you're working on a idea for a new audio drama

    tmorrill

    Posts : 335
    Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20
    Join date : 2012-02-04
    Age : 29
    Location : Portland, OR

    Re: Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Post  tmorrill on December 19th 2013, 9:59 pm

    I just picked up this game used for like $3 from Game Stop and I loved it, but I flew through it even faster than the 70 hours. When I get the chance I'm gonna pick up the GOTY edition and then blow up Megaton because I want that cool penthouse suite.

    Then I'll kill all of them for being jerks.

    I think I'm just gonna be evil in that playthrough and kill everyone. Even the bad guys.

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3491
    Activity : 5031
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Post  Paeter on December 21st 2013, 6:03 pm

    I hold off on killing sprees until I think I've seen everything else the game has to offer. But Bethesda has a habit of making some "vital" people unkillable, which hurts the immersion factor a bit.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Sponsored content

    Re: Fallout 3 Still Rocks!

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:33 am


      Current date/time is December 7th 2016, 5:33 am