The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

What Does That Make Me?

Poll

I just searched for a review on CGC to remind myself of what i thought of a movie. Does this make me...

[ 1 ]
    9% [9%] 
    [ 7 ]
    64% [64%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    27% [27%] 

Total Votes: 11

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5040
    Geek-Cred : 50

What Does That Make Me?

Post  Paeter on August 30th 2013, 12:12 pm

This is actually not uncommon for me, especially when I find a movie at a good price somewhere. I just bought District 9 a few weeks ago on my own recommendation!

(Oh that's weird. The answer options are hidden unless highlighted. Is that something we can fix Brandon or John? Or something I did wrong?)

www.spiritblade.com

tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Re: What Does That Make Me?

Post  tmorrill on August 30th 2013, 8:15 pm

I voted both egocentric and forgetful.

Egocentric in this case might not be the best word (but it's the one I went with anyway) since you're checking a review you did to see if you'll like something.

Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub on August 31st 2013, 7:01 am

Forgetful and other. other = human. which is related to the forgetful part. I'm that way too. but other is also because your initial review had one set of opinions on the movie, and now you may think differently about it, so you are just reminding yourself of what you previously thought. Contrast and comparison.

ComiKate

Activity : 366
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate on September 4th 2013, 9:54 am

I voted other.

I'm thinking "efficient" and "effective". (No, really!)

This is totally something I'm doing myself. I can't be bothered to remember every single detail of each and every movie I've watched (or comic I've read, or... etc.), especially when it's been over a year (or even 6 months, or, in case of comics, even 1 month).
    I re-read my own reviews regularly, and it's not only quite helpful but also great fun since it brings back memories of fun details I'd already forgotten!

So good for you, Paeter! Cool

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5040
    Geek-Cred : 50

Post  Paeter on September 4th 2013, 8:01 pm

ComiKate wrote:
    I re-read my own reviews regularly, and it's not only quite helpful but also great fun since it brings back memories of fun details I'd already forgotten!
    My dad has this great thing I call "the gift", where he forgets nearly every detail of every movie he watches about a month or two after watching it. It's not uncommon for him to watch an entire movie for the second time and only realize when the end credits roll that he's seen it already. (Sigh!) If only I had that gift. So many movies I'd like to see again for the first time!

www.spiritblade.com

Rickster

Activity : 1942
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster on September 4th 2013, 8:44 pm

Paeter wrote:
    ComiKate wrote:
    My dad has this great thing I call "the gift", where he forgets nearly every detail of every movie he watches about a month or two after watching it. It's not uncommon for him to watch an entire movie for the second time and only realize when the end credits roll that he's seen it already. (Sigh!) If only I had that gift. So many movies I'd like to see again for the first time!
    My mom has the same gift

WhiteBoy

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy on September 10th 2013, 3:31 pm

Rickster wrote:
    Paeter wrote:
    ComiKate wrote:
    My mom has the same gift
    I have this gift, too. I'm not sure it's a good thing, but... it happens a lot. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:56 am

Current date/time is December 8th 2016, 6:56 am