When life sucks, parody Psalm 88

Rohelf

Activity : 104
    Geek-Cred : 0

When life sucks, parody Psalm 88

Post  Rohelf on September 12th 2013, 8:56 pm

A psalm of the she-geek

O Lord, the God who saves me, day and night I cry to you,
    For everything I own seems to be falling apart, and my temper draws near to breaking.

I am set apart with the Luddites, like one without technology,
    For you remember my hard drive no more, nor does the computer itself.  Its data lies in the grave and cannot be accessed.
    My PC is counted among the slain, unable to even boot up.
    Your wrath lies heavily upon my car; you have stricken both tires and battery.
    You have made me contemptible to the mechanic, for he thinks that because I have boobs I am an idiot.
    He consigns me to the lowest pit to wait for over two hours, even though I have an appointment.
    He overcharges me because he knows I am confined and cannot escape- I want to punch him but refrain.

Instead I call to you, O Lord.  I pound on inanimate objects before you.
    Can I get anything else done while dealing with this nonsense?  Can I make any financial progress when my checkbook is constantly assaulted?
    Do you just not want me to ever finish this book of mine?  Do you not want me to be able to get married until I am ancient and still less desirable?

My eyes are dim and greatly nearsighted, and yet you have broken my glasses twice this year.
    Your anger has swept through my pipes; your terror has caused both clogs and leaks.
    I have called two plumbers and yet still the shower drips; only with a bucket below do I keep the basement from flooding.

But I cry to you, O Lord; while on hold with tech support my prayer comes before you.
    Why do you do this to me?  Seriously, what is even the hell?
    At least you have not taken my boyfriend from me, though you have cursed him with allergies
    In between sneezes he listens to me complain; he plies me with back rubs and chocolate, that I weep not, nor scream with rage.
    All year long I have suffered these afflictions; I am close to despair.
    I have enough problems already; please stop giving me more to deal with.

Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Re: When life sucks, parody Psalm 88

Post  Drew.Rub on September 13th 2013, 12:13 pm

Rohelf,

I'm not sure which is funnier. The psalm parody (thanks for the daily laugh), or your profile picture (truly geek-inspired).

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5040
    Geek-Cred : 50

Post  Paeter on September 13th 2013, 1:47 pm

This made me both laugh and wince at the same time. Glad you're able to keep some level of humor as you battle through the mysterious gauntlets involved in God's plans for you. Hang in there!

www.spiritblade.com

Rohelf

Activity : 104
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Rohelf on September 20th 2013, 6:27 pm

Well, the computer is "working" again. It now functions as designed to by the manufacturer. Getting this to happen cost more money than I like to think about, but it did come with a free helping of casual sexism. Rolling Eyes  Now I must reinstall and recustomize all my programs and personalizations to make it function the way I actually want it to. Here's hoping I find that one CD and product key I haven't needed to use since 2009...

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5040
    Geek-Cred : 50

Post  Paeter on September 24th 2013, 5:57 pm

Rohelf wrote:Getting this to happen cost more money than I like to think about, but it did come with a free helping of casual sexism. Rolling Eyes 
    lol! 

This reminds me of a musician who once really wished he could tell someone auditioning for him that "your voice is small, but at least it's ugly."

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:54 am

Current date/time is December 8th 2016, 6:54 am