The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central


    Yahweh's Patience

    Share

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3481
    Activity : 5017
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Yahweh's Patience

    Post  Paeter on September 26th 2013, 6:10 pm

    I just want to praise Yahweh for his patience right now. I'm amazed that Jesus didn't give up or harden himself against the people who hardened themselves against God.

    (Matthew 23:37, ESV) “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!

    How did he keep caring? How did he live with the ongoing pain of watching those he loves reject God again and again? It would have been so much easier to harden himself and choose not to feel that pain. I can only imagine that this persistent vulnerability is part of what made him a "man of sorrows"(Isaiah 53:3).

    I realize this post may fit better under "Seeking Truth", but honestly it's been what's "on my brain" for awhile now.

    Hopefully as I face discouragement from watching others reject truth and reject Jesus, I can be encouraged by how much more patient Yahweh is than I am.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    tmorrill

    Posts : 335
    Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20
    Join date : 2012-02-04
    Age : 29
    Location : Portland, OR

    Re: Yahweh's Patience

    Post  tmorrill on September 27th 2013, 1:53 am

    Absolutely 100% agree with you brospeh. His patience rocks.

    Is this post in anyway related to the surface level friendship topic you posted a couple weeks ago?

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3481
    Activity : 5017
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Yahweh's Patience

    Post  Paeter on September 30th 2013, 10:59 am

    tmorrill wrote:Absolutely 100% agree with you brospeh. His patience rocks.

    Is this post in anyway related to the surface level friendship topic you posted a couple weeks ago?
    Only vaguely. Each message reflects a different friendship of my specifically, although both reflect a number of my friendship in more broad strokes.

    What does "brospeh" mean? And how is it pronounced?


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    tmorrill

    Posts : 335
    Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20
    Join date : 2012-02-04
    Age : 29
    Location : Portland, OR

    Re: Yahweh's Patience

    Post  tmorrill on October 1st 2013, 10:32 pm

    Paeter wrote:
    tmorrill wrote:Absolutely 100% agree with you brospeh. His patience rocks.

    Is this post in anyway related to the surface level friendship topic you posted a couple weeks ago?
    Only vaguely. Each message reflects a different friendship of my specifically, although both reflect a number of my friendship in more broad strokes.

    What does "brospeh" mean? And how is it pronounced?
    It's one of the varieties of bro/dude/buddy that I use along with Brohamad (or Brohamad Ali if I recently watched boxing). There's also brotato, but I only use that if I'm hungry.

    As far as how to pronounce it, its just like Joseph, only with a Bro instead of a Joe.

    ComiKate

    Posts : 288
    Activity : 366
    Geek-Cred : 21
    Join date : 2012-07-01
    Location : Netherlands

    Re: Yahweh's Patience

    Post  ComiKate on October 2nd 2013, 9:15 am

    tmorrill wrote:There's also brotato, but I only use that if I'm hungry.
    That is hilarious lol!

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3481
    Activity : 5017
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Yahweh's Patience

    Post  Paeter on October 2nd 2013, 1:30 pm

    tmorrill wrote:

    As far as how to pronounce it, its just like Joseph, only with a Bro instead of a Joe.
    Nice. Yer cool I've decided.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Sponsored content

    Re: Yahweh's Patience

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:47 am


      Current date/time is December 3rd 2016, 1:47 am