The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Is it cheating?

Rickster

Activity : 1935
    Geek-Cred : 16

Is it cheating?

Post  Rickster on September 29th 2013, 7:13 pm

I was listening to a fitness podcast and they were talking about the Lance Armstrong steroid scandal and one of the experts said that most of the people who compete in the Tour de France use performance enhancers. So it got me thinking is it cheating if everyone has the same advantage?
    Wrong and Illegal yes but cheating? I don't know what do you think?

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5017
    Geek-Cred : 50

Re: Is it cheating?

Post  Paeter on September 30th 2013, 10:56 am

I think you'd just have to look at the rules for the event. If they state that performance enhancers will disqualify participants, then it's cheating. Even if everyone does it, then according to the established rules, everyone is cheating.

Hmm, there is a metaphor somewhere in there for human nature and relativism.

www.spiritblade.com

DNArington

Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington on October 15th 2013, 10:50 pm

I would agree with Paeter that it would just mean they are all cheating. Just because the people change don't mean the rules change.

Hmm, there is a metaphor somewhere in there for human nature and relativism. wrote:Hmm, there is a metaphor somewhere in there for human nature and relativism.
    I've heard this kind of question brought up before, but I never connected those dots before. That would be moral relativism, changing the set rules for yourself because other people are breaking them. Interesting...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:49 am

Current date/time is December 3rd 2016, 1:49 am