The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Nerdy Pity Party

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50

Nerdy Pity Party

Post  Paeter on October 31st 2013, 12:17 am

Argh. I'm having a nerdy pity party. Was having such a great time playing Neverwinter Nights again but it's started acting up and crashing every 20-30 minutes. LOVE this game, but I can't put up with that kind of frequent crashing.

Ran the compatibility troubleshooter thingy and it's done all it can do I think. So now I'm sitting here with precious free time at last and my favorite toy is broken.

Grrr.

The good news is, I have no room to complain, as much as I'd love to. I'm blessed beyond measure, pampered so much by life that a broken toy feels like a problem. The bad news is that knowing this hasn't helped adjust my mood yet. (sigh.) Yahweh, be patient with me.

www.spiritblade.com

David N. Alderman

Activity : 67
    Geek-Cred : 3

Re: Nerdy Pity Party

Post  David N. Alderman on November 2nd 2013, 12:24 pm

Didn't you get a new computer recently because the other one crashed?

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50

Post  Paeter on November 4th 2013, 3:14 pm

David N. Alderman wrote:Didn't you get a new computer recently because the other one crashed?
    Yes, but that's my desktop, on which I only do sound editing. Most of my day to day work and virtually all PC gaming is done on my laptop and I only rarely put games on my desktop, to avoid cluttering it up.

I think this issue is more related to the software than the laptop. And by way of update, I haven't been experiencing crashes with any frequency since I originally posted this. I think it may have been connected to the specific dungeon I was in or related variables. I have since been back into Neverwinter Nights bliss for days.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:09 am

Current date/time is December 4th 2016, 3:09 am