*Important Note: This story takes place in a world where characters possess various superpowers.*
1. If I tell you that a character is a “projective empath,” what do you think that means? What can he do?
2. Character A tackles and attacks Character B from behind. B fights back: “…twisting her shoulders and flailing wildly with her legs. She felt her heel connect, but the woman above her barely flinched, thrusting her palm against the small of her back. This time <B> felt the jolt hit her. She tried to yell, but only managed a strangled croak as her muscles spasmed and locked up again.” What do you think just happened? What did A do?
3. Character C has been previously mentioned to have telekinetic abilities. She is laying on the floor of the backseat of a car, with her hands and feet bound. She looks under the seat in front of her and sees the pedals. “Then she exhaled and slammed down the gas pedal with all her strength.” How did she do it?
4. Character D is injured. Character E approaches: “’Try to hold still,’ <E> instructed, placing a hand on <D’s> forehead. ‘This will take a minute or two.’ <E> closed her eyes and spread her fingers, muttering softly to herself, then fell silent.” A few lines of other dialogue pass, then E speaks again: “’Well, you haven’t got a concussion and you haven’t broken anything, although by all rights you should have. You must be either uncannily lucky or extremely resilient. Let <F> have a look at that big bruise on your left first. I don’t like what I saw of it.’” What do you think just happened? What did E do?
5. Character F is a friend of the injured D. Upon seeing D in this condition, his immediate reaction is anger. He expresses a desire to kill the person he believes to be responsible for hurting D. Does that seem bizarre or excessive to you? Is this a strange or unnatural reaction?
All these things confused at least one of the "normal" folks. If you can take a minute to give me your first, most basic thoughts on these items, and whether any of them threw you, it would be a great help (as well as an interesting social study). Thanks so much!