The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

My father

ComiKate

Activity : 366
    Geek-Cred : 21

My father

Post  ComiKate on January 8th 2014, 8:59 am

So, a short while back I wrote this in another thread:
    ComiKate wrote:Spent 4 days at my parents, December 24-27. Happy and a bit sad as well. My dad's leukemia is getting worse and he's not doing too well. The 27th he even had to the hospital to get some ermergency blood platelets. Coming Monday some further examinations. All in all not too great, it does not bode well. I fear this might have been our last Christmas together as a (complete) family. Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sad:cry:I pray I am very wrong about that.

The update is, that my father has been hospitalized since 2nd January, with severe belly pains. He hasn't left the hospital since, and is still in pain in spite of all pain killers. They suspect it may be a blather infection (cystitis) or pyelitis, but they still don't know for certain what's causing it - which has me worried. In his condition, with his leukemia, he's hardly got any immune system left so any infection is dangerous.
    He hardly eats because that causes extra pain, so he's weakening fast. Nor does he drink enough because that leads to painful blather issues, so now he's dehydrated. They're finally giving him some fluids intravenously, since Monday. I really don't have much confidence in this hospital and its doctors, but my parents refuse to go elsewhere. Very frustrating.

My mother is very fierce when it comes to defending my father's needs in hospital, but once back home alone, she's very sad and often bordering on panicky. She told me she felt like having a sneak preview of being a widow and experiences a lot of stress. And I live too far away to visit her or my father regularly, although we Facetime a lot (Facetime is like Apple's Skype).

All in all, I now worry about both of my parents and for the first time in years it affects my sleep (of which I get less and less).

Long story short, please pray for my father, that God may save him from his current affliction and grant him many more years of (relative) health, like king Hezekiah did and got 15 years extra by the grace of God (2Kings 20:1-6).
    And please pray for my mother, that she may feel how God is her comforter and strength, the soft place on which she can fall, the shepherd who guides her and stays with her even as she walks through the valley of the shadow of death.
    Both of them are Christians, by the way.

And please pray for me, for I don't want to lose my dad. I just can't.

AdamCollings

Activity : 211
    Geek-Cred : 1

Re: My father

Post  AdamCollings on January 8th 2014, 8:24 pm

I will continue to pray. Sorry for what you and your family are going through.

Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub on January 9th 2014, 9:48 pm

Certainly praying for you and your family, Katja.

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5046
    Geek-Cred : 50

Post  Paeter on January 13th 2014, 11:50 am

Will absolutely pray that God will "show up" and reveal himself in an amazing way. Will also pray that you are able to find comfort and support from other believers who are physically near you.

Please feel free to update us as much as you wish, or let us know of other ways we might help.

www.spiritblade.com

ComiKate

Post  ComiKate on February 5th 2014, 1:56 pm

My father returned home from hospital last Thursday, alas it's because there's nothing the doctors can do for him anymore. These are his last days, he's not in pain but he's very weak, and God will probably take him Home within a couple of days/weeks.

Would appreciate your prayers still.

WhiteBoy

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy on February 5th 2014, 3:51 pm

I'm praying you and your family. For your father that his time will be as easy as possible. For you and your mother that this will draw you closer to Him for strength and comfort in His sovereignty.

Please keep us updated.

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on February 5th 2014, 5:45 pm

I'll echo what Chad said, Katja. I'll also pray that you'll be surrounded by believers and comforters that Jesus speaks to you through.

www.spiritblade.com

Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 791
    Geek-Cred : 44

Post  Nathan James Norman on February 6th 2014, 10:21 am

This is incredibly difficult.

I'm glad your father will be able to spend these last days in the comfort of home with family.

I'm praying that the God of all comfort and peace wraps you in His arms in the midst of this heartache and pain.

I'm sorry you have to endure this hurt.

mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 697
    Geek-Cred : 38

Post  mindspike on February 6th 2014, 1:37 pm

I also will be praying for you and your family, for you comfort and rest.
    -Winston

Opposing Forces powered by Fate!

ComiKate

Post  ComiKate on February 12th 2014, 4:24 pm

My father passed away Monday night (Febr. 10th).

Rickster

Activity : 1952
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster on February 12th 2014, 5:57 pm

Im sorry for your loss

Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Post  Nathan James Norman on February 13th 2014, 1:04 pm

ComiKate wrote:My father passed away Monday night (Febr. 10th).

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and your family in this difficult time of mourning.

"May Yahweh bless you and protect you;
    may Yahweh make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
    may Yahweh look with favor on you and give you peace."
    Num 6:24-26 HCSB)

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on February 13th 2014, 5:22 pm

I'm so sorry, Katja. I will continue praying for your comfort. Although this medium is frustratingly limited, we're here for you in whatever way we can be.

Meanwhile I praise Yahweh that your father has already enjoyed more than two whole days with Jesus, and imagine with wonder the stories he could already tell.

www.spiritblade.com

ComiKate

Post  ComiKate on February 16th 2014, 4:01 pm

Thank you all for your prayers, support and words of comfort these last couple of weeks. It's very much appreciated.

Nathan James Norman wrote:

Thank you so much Nathan - it means a lot. For what you didn't know, is that this is actually the blessing my father blessed me with, laying his hands on my head, when he said his goodbyes to me. Your quoting the same verses here is like a special confirmation to me. Praise the Lord.

Paeter wrote:Meanwhile I praise Yahweh that your father has already enjoyed more than two whole days with Jesus, and imagine with wonder the stories he could already tell.
    Thank you Paeter, your words were very very comforting to me and touched me deeply.

I even made a 'PrintScreen' and took your words and Nathan's with me to the funeral, in my Dropbox, so I could peruse them throughout the day.

Thanks again, all of you.

Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Post  Nathan James Norman on February 17th 2014, 10:12 am

Wow. Just wow. Your father, Katja sounds like the man I pray to God I can one day be to my children and my family. Truly you were blest by him, which I know makes the loss all the greater and the grieving hurt all the more.

But in my line of work, I don't hear of fathers blessing their children all that often. I am encouraged that men like your father are still passing on blessings to their children. I am humbled reallyd praising God for his life even though I never knew the man.

I'm praying for you still, though. This is a process, and it usually lasts quite some time.

WhiteBoy

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy on February 17th 2014, 6:36 pm

ComiKate wrote:Thank you all for your prayers, support and words of comfort these last couple of weeks. It's very much appreciated.

Thank you so much Nathan - it means a lot. For what you didn't know, is that this is actually the blessing my father blessed me with, laying his hands on my head, when he said his goodbyes to me. Your quoting the same verses here is like a special confirmation to me. Praise the Lord.

Paeter wrote:Meanwhile I praise Yahweh that your father has already enjoyed more than two whole days with Jesus, and imagine with wonder the stories he could already tell.
    Thank you Paeter, your words were very very comforting to me and touched me deeply.

I even made a 'PrintScreen' and took your words and Nathan's with me to the funeral, in my Dropbox, so I could peruse them throughout the day.

Thanks again, all of you.

I'm sorry for your loss, too, Katja. That is amazing to hear about your father blessing you with the same verse. Sent chills down my back reading it. I love to see the Lord work though people to bless others.

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on February 19th 2014, 1:02 pm

I'm praying for you still, though. This is a process, and it usually lasts quite some time.

I'll echo this. And please feel free to return here as often as you like for prayer and encouragement for this. I'm so glad Yahweh could give you encouragement through our interactions here and we want to continue to be available however we can be for as long as you find it useful.

I'm grateful to know you and am glad you're here.

www.spiritblade.com

AdamCollings

Activity : 211
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  AdamCollings on February 28th 2014, 7:31 pm

I am so sorry for your loss.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:25 am

Current date/time is December 9th 2016, 10:25 am