The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Work Stress

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50

Work Stress

Post  Paeter on January 21st 2014, 3:07 pm

I could use some prayer over the next few days. I'm running into some computer issues. The kind that, when you try to fix one thing you realize you have to fix another first, and before you fix that thing there are one or two other things that also need fixing. At this point it looks like I may need to do a complete system restore on my office computer. A bit scary, even though I'm creating two complete backups of everything beforehand.

I'm feeling stressed and unproductive. Feeling inadequate and foolish. I've spent some good time wrestling through these things with God today, and that time was helpful. But if this isn't fixed by the complete restore or otherwise takes a turn for the worse, I will have some battles ahead of me that I would greatly love to go through with a constant awareness of God's presence and sovereignty.

All that said, I'm very grateful that I have not had near as many problems with this computer as I had with my last one. And for whatever reason, Yahweh has kept me from genuine tragedy in my life. I have so much to be grateful for that bringing this up seems a bit trivial. Even so, I'm assuming Paul really means "everything" when he says:

(Phil 4:6) do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Thanks.

www.spiritblade.com

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50

Re: Work Stress

Post  Paeter on January 22nd 2014, 1:03 pm

For any who saw this and took a moment to pray, thank you very much. Now I think is the time to praise Yahweh for his help even in these little things.

After following a rabbit trail chain of errors I was finally able to get the thing to work that I needed so I could get the other thing to work that I needed, so I could get the other thing to work that I needed, so I could get the first thing to work that I needed to have my computer working normally again. (The chain was possibly a little longer than that, but that was already confusing enough to type.)

All that to say that I believe my computer is back to its normal functionality, and along the way I also learned some things that I think will drastically shorten future troubleshooting and also keep my PC working better.

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is December 4th 2016, 11:18 am