The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central


    Farscape movie in the works?

    Share
    avatar
    cleireac

    Posts : 235
    Activity : 388
    Geek-Cred : 7
    Join date : 2011-08-02
    Age : 51
    Location : I am here.

    Farscape movie in the works?

    Post  cleireac on February 21st 2014, 6:38 pm

    Have you seen this yet, Paeter?

    http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/02/farscape-movie-is-in-the-works-and-peter-dinklage-is-set-to-star-in-another-hbo-series
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3995
    Activity : 5735
    Geek-Cred : 53
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 39
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Farscape movie in the works?

    Post  Paeter on February 27th 2014, 3:47 pm

    Do not toy with me, sir! Don't you dare make me hope...make me dream that something truly pure and good can come about in this dark and sad world that has persisted since the credits rolled on "Peacekeeper Wars" those many years ago.

    Oh screw it. I'll go ahead and start getting excited now.

    Aaaaand, yep. Just pooped my pants.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3995
    Activity : 5735
    Geek-Cred : 53
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 39
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Farscape movie in the works?

    Post  Paeter on February 27th 2014, 3:51 pm

    I hope they are already thinking along these lines, but this could TOTALLY lead to a new series! New young protagonist, who like his dad grew up on earth (to give us more of those great pop-culture references) who will now also be chased across the universe with.... his FAMILY!!! Not since season 2 of Alias has a geek-genre show had this much potential for rich, dramatic storytelling that can go dark serious places and also be TOOONS of fun!!

    Screw Marvel AND DC movies. A TV series following this flick would be MY "Justice League".

    Oh my gosh oh my gosh...

    I'm not gonna sleep now. Not ever again.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    cleireac

    Posts : 235
    Activity : 388
    Geek-Cred : 7
    Join date : 2011-08-02
    Age : 51
    Location : I am here.

    Re: Farscape movie in the works?

    Post  cleireac on February 27th 2014, 3:55 pm

    Glad I could make your day.  cheers 
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3995
    Activity : 5735
    Geek-Cred : 53
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 39
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Farscape movie in the works?

    Post  Paeter on February 27th 2014, 4:11 pm

    Oh yeah, and if frickin "Heroes" deserves a second chance at a tv series, Farscape is SOOOOO entitled. Yes, I said it. ENTITLED.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    Tim
    Moderator

    Posts : 202
    Activity : 248
    Geek-Cred : 4
    Join date : 2010-07-02
    Age : 35
    Location : New Orleans, LA

    Re: Farscape movie in the works?

    Post  Tim on February 27th 2014, 9:04 pm

    Paeter wrote:Oh yeah, and if frickin "Heroes" deserves a second chance at a tv series, Farscape is SOOOOO entitled. Yes, I said it. ENTITLED.

    Don't even get me started on "Heroes" What about Firefly?? If Farscape can get a resurrection then maybe a new Firefly thing can happen? It's not like Joss Whedon is doing anything important right now anyway. LOL


    _________________
    ...

    ><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

    PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

    ><>
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3995
    Activity : 5735
    Geek-Cred : 53
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 39
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Farscape movie in the works?

    Post  Paeter on February 28th 2014, 2:01 pm

    Tim wrote:
    Paeter wrote:Oh yeah, and if frickin "Heroes" deserves a second chance at a tv series, Farscape is SOOOOO entitled. Yes, I said it. ENTITLED.

    Don't even get me started on "Heroes" What about Firefly?? If Farscape can get a resurrection then maybe a new Firefly thing can happen? It's not like Joss Whedon is doing anything important right now anyway. LOL

    I'm surprised they haven't been making TV movies every 3-5 years. Hardcore fans, those browncoats.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    AdamCollings

    Posts : 370
    Activity : 420
    Geek-Cred : 2
    Join date : 2013-12-10
    Age : 39
    Location : Tasmania, Australia

    Re: Farscape movie in the works?

    Post  AdamCollings on February 28th 2014, 7:28 pm

    Never really got into Farscape (which is bad because it was, at least in part, an Aussie production). Probably should give it another go some time.

    What *I* would love love love to finally see is a Babylon 5 movie on the big screen.
    avatar
    Rickster

    Posts : 1265
    Activity : 2052
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 34

    Re: Farscape movie in the works?

    Post  Rickster on February 28th 2014, 9:14 pm

    Paeter wrote:
    Tim wrote:
    Paeter wrote:Oh yeah, and if frickin "Heroes" deserves a second chance at a tv series, Farscape is SOOOOO entitled. Yes, I said it. ENTITLED.

    Don't even get me started on "Heroes" What about Firefly?? If Farscape can get a resurrection then maybe a new Firefly thing can happen? It's not like Joss Whedon is doing anything important right now anyway. LOL

    I'm surprised they haven't been making TV movies every 3-5 years. Hardcore fans, those browncoats.

    I remember reading that Whedon was planing on Serenity to be part one of a trilogy but i guess the movie didn't do that well in the Box office to get the other two made

    Sponsored content

    Re: Farscape movie in the works?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is August 24th 2017, 1:42 am