The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Starlog Magazine - Risen from the Dead!

Activity : 388
    Geek-Cred : 7

Starlog Magazine - Risen from the Dead!

Post  cleireac on July 15th 2014, 8:30 am

As a youngling geek, I devoured issues of Starlog Magazine. It was THE place to find out about scifi and fantasy books, films, tv series, actors authors, directors, etc.

As I got older, it became increasingly difficult to find news issues,a dn I lost track of the magazine that informed my developing interest in fantastic fiction, films and television.

It was with a great deal of sadness that I learned that Starlog had declined over the years and was only available as an internet-only publication. When I went to look for it recenty, I discovered that it had disappeared completely.

But yesterday, I heard great news that made me rejoice heartily - Starlog was back, albeit as a web-obnly publication!

Good news for geeks everywhere! You can find it

Bonus good news: The entire run of the print version of Starlog Magazine is available at the Internet Archive. If anyone is looking for me, I'll be over pdf versions....

Extra bonus good news: The entire(?) run of Cinemagic, the sister publication of Starlog, which focused on independent and amateur SF/F filmmaking, is also available at the same Internet Archive location.

Current date/time is October 26th 2016, 2:31 am