My Dad's Health

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5014
    Geek-Cred : 50

My Dad's Health

Post  Paeter on August 13th 2014, 12:53 pm

Hey everybody,

Well, Holly and I are entering into that stage of life where parents begin to increase the frequency of doctor visits and their bodies begin to slowly fail (or suddenly and rapidly fail if it serves Yahweh's plan).

My dad (65yrs) got an MRI yesterday that he will see the results for on Friday. Could be a cyst, could be cancer, or who knows what else.

Naturally my hope and prayer is that it will be a cyst or something else minor. But Jesus may also have a refining storm up ahead that he wants to lead me through, and I want to be open to that.

I'd appreciate your prayer for me, my two sisters (who both live far from AZ right now) and especially my mom and dad as we get the results this Friday and move forward from there.

Thanks.

www.spiritblade.com

Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 791
    Geek-Cred : 44

Re: My Dad's Health

Post  Nathan James Norman on August 14th 2014, 7:50 am

Paeter wrote:Hey everybody,

Well, Holly and I are entering into that stage of life where parents begin to increase the frequency of doctor visits and their bodies begin to slowly fail (or suddenly and rapidly fail if it serves Yahweh's plan).

My dad (65yrs) got an MRI yesterday that he will see the results for on Friday. Could be a cyst, could be cancer, or who knows what else.

Naturally my hope and prayer is that it will be a cyst or something else minor. But Jesus may also have a refining storm up ahead that he wants to lead me through, and I want to be open to that.

I'd appreciate your prayer for me, my two sisters (who both live far from AZ right now) and especially my mom and dad as we get the results this Friday and move forward from there.

Thanks.

This is incredibly difficult. I'm sorry that you're now having to wait (and wait, and wait some more) for results.

This is hard.

I am praying for your dad, your mom and your entire family as you're in this tumultuous waiting cycle.

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on August 14th 2014, 11:44 am

Thanks, Nathan.

www.spiritblade.com

mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 697
    Geek-Cred : 38

Post  mindspike on August 15th 2014, 1:54 pm

They also serve who only stand and wait.
    And pray.
    You have mine.
    -Winston

Opposing Forces powered by Fate!

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on August 15th 2014, 2:52 pm

Dad tested negative for cancer and was diagnosed with a cyst. He'll go back for a follow up ultrasound in a year, but has otherwise been given a clean bill of health.

Thank you very much for your prayer and words of support.

Naturally I felt incredibly relieved by the news but soon after thought of those here in our community who have lost parents or close family in recent months or years or who have parents/close family with serious health concerns. So I'd like to suggest some prayer for their renewed and continued comfort.

Winston, Katja and Rickster come immediately to mind but I'm sure there are more I've forgotten or am unaware of.

(2 Thessalonians 2:16-17, ESV) Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.

(Revelation 21:3-4, ESV) And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

www.spiritblade.com

Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub on August 15th 2014, 8:19 pm

I'll ask for the same prayer, as I've lost both of my parents in '09 and '10. Still miss them so greatly. And of course, I pray for everyone here and their families.

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on August 18th 2014, 9:21 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:I'll ask for the same prayer, as I've lost both of my parents in '09 and '10. Still miss them so greatly.   And of course, I pray for everyone here and their families.

Will do. I hope the day finds you encouraged by the love of Jesus and his promises for the future.

www.spiritblade.com

ComiKate

Activity : 366
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate on October 21st 2014, 4:24 pm

Thank you for your kind prayer Paeter, very thoughtful, and much needed.

I'm sorry to have only just now stumbled onto your topic, so I'm afraid I missed your time of worry and anxiety (sorry), but I'm very happy for you to read that your dad is okay. I hope and pray that he and your mom will be blessed with long, happy and healthy lives.

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on October 21st 2014, 5:53 pm

ComiKate wrote:Thank you for your kind prayer Paeter, very thoughtful, and much needed.

I'm sorry to have only just now stumbled onto your topic, so I'm afraid I missed your time of worry and anxiety (sorry), but I'm very happy for you to read that your dad is okay. I hope and pray that he and your mom will be blessed with long, happy and healthy lives.

Thanks, Katja.

www.spiritblade.com

rossmcclure4

Activity : 78
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  rossmcclure4 on November 13th 2014, 9:20 am

Having parents still alive is such a great blessing too. Paeter, I hope your Dad's health improves and future scans and visits find nothing but incredible health. Drew, I'm sorry to hear about your parents, I can't even imagine what that would be like, though like everyone and all things, someday I know it will happen. I'll be calling my parents today!!

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on November 13th 2014, 6:15 pm

I've been taking things like this as reminders to be very purposeful and diligent in my spiritual training. I've lived such a pampered, tragedy-free life, but I know tragedy and suffering come to us all. Lately I've renewed my interest in learning about and putting into practice the spiritual disciplines evidenced in the life of Paul and Jesus. My hope is that when my time comes I will suffer well.

www.spiritblade.com

rossmcclure4

Activity : 78
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  rossmcclure4 on November 14th 2014, 3:38 am

Paeter wrote:I've been taking things like this as reminders to be very purposeful and diligent in my spiritual training. I've lived such a pampered, tragedy-free life, but I know tragedy and suffering come to us all. Lately I've renewed my interest in learning about and putting into practice the spiritual disciplines evidenced in the life of Paul and Jesus. My hope is that when my time comes I will suffer well.

Agreed! I would like to do that too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:19 pm

Current date/time is December 2nd 2016, 7:19 pm