The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

A Praise Report

Activity : 248
    Geek-Cred : 4

A Praise Report

Post  Tim on August 23rd 2014, 9:59 pm

So, I know I never asked for prayer on this forum, though I've mentioned it to Paeter and in a couple posts; but my wife and I have been praying and waiting for a new job to come along for me for a while. We've been praying for it as long as we've been dating. I've been on several interviews and sent out tons of applications and resumes, but nothing was happening. I kept getting turned down for jobs I knew I would be perfect for.

For a long time I felt stuck. I felt like I was never going to get out of this dead end job. I had topped out as far as positions and my small family run security company is super stingy on raises. The benefits weren't great and I really needed something better because my wife hadn't had health insurance since she lived at home with her parents. I was begining to feel like less of a man. I knew I needed to be the provider for my household and my inability to get a new job was leaving me stuck in a place I couldn't grow and flourish in and was leaving my wife working with a bad back doing house and office cleaning jobs. I felt responsible for our finacial troubles.

But of course God allows us to go through these things to test and strengthen our faith and to teach us to rely on Him. Are we going to focus on what everything looks like or are we going to believe what the Word say? Like Jeremiah 29:11 says, do we believe He plans to prosper us and give us a hope and a future even when things look bleak. I had to resolve to trust Him regardless of what my eyes perceived.

So I continued looking for a job and God showed me that He NOT I was the REAL provider. He had to get me to stop trusting in myself before I could trust in Him. I learned that He directed my steps. So I intervied at this one company twice about a year and some months apart. And I got rejected both times. The second time, I had a friend in the company trying to get me on and it should have been nearly a sure thing. I gave a great interview, projected confidence, prayed for God's favor and still I got turned down.

I was trying not to get depressed, not to loose hope, to keep trusting in Him. I resolved that if I was gonna be stuck in my security job, that I was going to do it as unto the Lord, give it my best and keep a good attitude.

Well, last monday, out of the blue this company called me again. They said before that they would keep me in mind for other positions but everyone says that. This time they wanted me to come in on thursday for a quick interview for an entry level position. Keep in mind none of these positions are things I'm generally skilled at. They weren't things I had a long history of doing. I'm more computers and multitasking, administration, clerical, data entry, document creation and organization and such. So, I said yes, I'd love to come interview. Even this entry level job would be better pay and benefits than my current job.

So my friend at that company calls me the next morning and says that he's been having to keep quiet about their plans. They apparently really liked me in my interview and where trying to find a place for me in the company. A major boost to my self-confidence. He said what he really wanted was for me to come work for him as a dispatcher, where i would get to use all my skills I mentioned above and work on the radio just like I do now, but in an even more official supervisory role than I am now (right now, I am an unofficual supervisor. I can tell people what to do, but I don't have a specific rank.) He said that the only problem is that they rarely hire someone into a supervisor role like that especially when I don't really know their business. But he said, "You never know, God is in control, you may end up interviewing for a whole other position on thursday."

So on Wednesday, I get a call from them again out of the blue. They have cancelled my interview for thursday...

In the Recruiter's words, "Well, you might as well put in your two weeks notice right now. We want to offer you the Dispatcher job (the supervisors job)."

I felt like one of those people who get surpised at their door with a check, or those videos on youtube of people give makeovers and money to homeless people. Suddenly, I see my wife and I's future laid out in front of me. A job that is challenging but also plays to my skills, with plenty of growth opportunity. It's a whole bundle of blessing wrapped up into one. Suddenly I don't feel so stuck anymore and i have to restrain myself from crying. My friend (who btw was the same friend I turned the youth pastoring over to several years ago and then helped him with and his wife is my wife's best friend) is going to be my supervisor. It couldn't be more perfect.

And all I can do is thank God over and over, every time I think about it. I catch myself feeling like I'm in a dream and all I want to do is worship Him for how awesome of a Father He is to His children.

So, prayer request time. Pray for me to continue to be full of His Favor and His Presence. Pray for me to be an example and bring Glory to Him. Pray for me to be able to do this job with excellence. Pray for me and my wife as we know look ahead to the possibility of starting a family.

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

Activity : 4891
    Geek-Cred : 49

Re: A Praise Report

Post  Paeter on August 25th 2014, 10:14 am

Praise Yahweh!

Man, that is so encouraging to hear about! I'm so happy for you guys! What a relief and blessing and reminder that Yahweh "delights in the welfare of his servant". (Psalm 35:27)

I will pray that God blesses and equips you in all the ways that you've asked.

-Seek The Truth!

Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 791
    Geek-Cred : 44

Post  Nathan James Norman on September 9th 2014, 8:59 am

Great story and great testimony!

Thank you for sharing this!

God is good!

Sponsored content