The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Odd Thomas

Activity : 60
    Geek-Cred : 3

Odd Thomas

Post  orvette1 on December 19th 2014, 7:35 pm

Paeter wasn't impressed with the movie Odd Thomas. There were several people where I work who had the same opinion as Paeter. Two of them didn't even get half way though the movie. I liked it. When I watch a movie I want to see pretty people. I want to see a woman who is good looking, my wife wants to see a cute guy. If I wanted to see average I would walk out my front door. Movies are an escape from reality. As for them being meant for each other, they did explain it with the coin operated gypsy. The book goes into more detail why she loves him so much, but I think they did a good job.
    Coming from a theater background I have learned to suspend disbelief to a larger degree than those who have just been to movies. With Odd Thomas you had to suspend disbelief a lot! Yes it looked like a long pilot for a tv series but so do lots of other movies.
    It was a fun ride while I watched it. I was going to do a review on it, but Paeter beat me to it. You can rest assured mine would have been somewhat different.

Activity : 688
    Geek-Cred : 38

Re: Odd Thomas

Post  mindspike on December 21st 2014, 1:09 pm

Don't let Paeter stop you. I want to hear a dissenting opinion that's not mine!

-Winston Crutchfield
    "The rational mind is dangerous; the Christian mind is devastating."
    Opposing Forces powered by Fate!

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub on December 23rd 2014, 3:16 pm

I think even Paeter welcomes opinions and reviews that differ from his. I say go for it as well.

Activity : 4888
    Geek-Cred : 49

Post  Paeter on January 5th 2015, 3:53 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:I think even Paeter welcomes opinions and reviews that differ from his.  I say go for it as well.

Yep! Anytime! In fact, I think one or two "alternate opinion" reviews have been on the show in the past after I've done mine, if memory serves.

-Seek The Truth!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:50 pm

Current date/time is October 22nd 2016, 12:50 pm