The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

The Librarians

cleireac

Activity : 388
    Geek-Cred : 7

The Librarians

Post  cleireac on January 15th 2015, 3:38 pm

Since there seems to be a range of opinions regarding Galavant, I thought it might be fun to see what folks think of The Librarians?

I like the characters for the most part, it certainly has the same good-natured cheesy goofiness that Warehouse 13 possessed.

So, opinions?

CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Re: The Librarians

Post  CreatorsPixels on January 15th 2015, 9:49 pm

I found it interesting. I've seen at least parts of the movie so was somewhat familiar with it. Its decently done and though a bit cheesy, its enjoyable. I haven't watched it routinely but I did set the DVR and pick up an episode when I can. That said I've always liked old cheesy scifi so maybe that says something.....

mikel.withers

Activity : 521

Post  mikel.withers on January 16th 2015, 9:18 am

I loved Warehouse 13, (even got Ben De Bono to do a review of it Twisted Evil ) and The Librarians is a good spirit-child of that show.
    It is nice to see Rebecca Romajin Romaine, ... the naked blue woman from the early Xmen movies.. wearing clothes, and actually acting. My favorite character is Jones: nothing fazes him, nothing changes him.
    I happen to like cheese, especially 7x Cheddar, but stupid-fun shows are something I enjoy, I don't need top-of-the-line special effects to like a show, and as long as they don't take themselves too seriously, stiff/awkward acting can be part of the fun. I guess, for me, as long as the actors are buying in, and I think these guys do, I can go along with it.
    For me, 3.5/5 Better production would make it better, but I like it.

mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 697
    Geek-Cred : 38

Post  mindspike on January 16th 2015, 10:13 am

I love the Librarians. I'm so sad to see a short season already ending. Rebecca Romijin and Christian Kane really keep the show from being completely goofy, while the other guys keep it from going completely grim. I miss Warehouse 13 and Eureka, but this is a worthy successor. Love it. If you've seen the Librarian movies with Noah Wylie, this does spin off from them, but the tone is quite a bit different. Those movies were fairly straightforward adventure films, this series is much more about exploring the way magic interacts with the world. John Larroquet brings some much needed mystery to the series. I hope it does well.

Opposing Forces powered by Fate!

mikel.withers

Activity : 521

Post  mikel.withers on January 22nd 2015, 10:56 am

My wife, (not a goofball) has even started renting the movies from Amazon Prime at night so we can watch them as we go to bed. I like the shows better, as they can be more far-sighted.
    One qualm I have as the show develops is the prominence of Cassandra...ensemble cast shows often give particular characters "their" shows, where they focus on the struggles of one of the individuals, but they keep focusing on her. I'm not up on the fan-base, so maybe it is fan-service but I think it takes away from the overall strength of the show.

Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub on January 26th 2015, 10:23 am

I admit that I was a bit worried about the series when I saw it coming. I enjoyed the first movie, vaguely remember the second, and caught all of about 10 minutes of the third.

But the series has been enjoyable and a good season (although too short). I like Christian Kane in general as an actor, and I find it funny that he got an episode to re-create his "Leverage" character (imo).

others have made the comparison to Warehouse 13, and that was my evaluation as well. Looking forward to it's return.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:11 am

Current date/time is December 4th 2016, 3:11 am