The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

April fools day

mikel.withers

Activity : 521
    Geek-Cred : 8

April fools day

Post  mikel.withers on March 12th 2015, 12:55 pm

I love a good practical joke.
    I was thinking about this because my sister in law posted one of those "can you find the sniper" pics on her facebook page and I said the first one was easy, but the second one took awhile to find. There is only one, but I like the idea of someone pouring over every pixel of the screen trying to find a "second" one.

Once, while working at a pizza joint, I took a delivery driver's soda and replaced it with peppercini juice. Then to make things a little more entertaining, I put some more juice in a styrofoam cup... when he drank a sip of the bottle, I told him I put it in the cup...when he took a drink from that I gave him another cup with his actual soda in it. He dumped it out without trying it...can you imagine.

So, this year, I plan on bringing hot pepper flakes in to make my work's morning coffee a little spicy.

Anyone else have any plans or prank ideas they want to share?

UKSteve

Activity : 238

Re: April fools day

Post  UKSteve on March 12th 2015, 3:27 pm

I've been trying for a couple of years to persuade my wife we should both change our facebook status to 'Single' or 'It's complicated', but she won't play along. If any of you can make use of the idea, go for it!

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50

Post  Paeter on March 12th 2015, 7:02 pm

UKSteve wrote:I've been trying for a couple of years to persuade my wife we should both change our facebook status to 'Single' or 'It's complicated', but she won't play along. If any of you can make use of the idea, go for it!
    lol!

Dude, that's funny! In a strange "Andy Kaufman" kinda way. (Yes, that reference is a risk. Feel free to ask if confused...)

www.spiritblade.com

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on March 12th 2015, 7:05 pm

mikel.withers wrote:I love a good practical joke.
    I was thinking about this because my sister in law posted one of those "can you find the sniper" pics on her facebook page and I said the first one was easy, but the second one took awhile to find. There is only one, but I like the idea of someone pouring over every pixel of the screen trying to find a "second" one.

Once, while working at a pizza joint, I took a delivery driver's soda and replaced it with peppercini juice. Then to make things a little more entertaining, I put some more juice in a styrofoam cup... when he drank a sip of the bottle, I told him I put it in the cup...when he took a drink from that I gave him another cup with his actual soda in it. He dumped it out without trying it...can you imagine.

So, this year, I plan on bringing hot pepper flakes in to make my work's morning coffee a little spicy.

Anyone else have any plans or prank ideas they want to share?

I'm usually not a fan, unless they are the "what the crap is going on" variety. Jokes that bring me physical pain or that scare me challenge my ability to love others unconditionally. So I try to avoid the temptation to inflict them on others to stay safe from retaliation/escalation.

www.spiritblade.com

mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers on March 13th 2015, 7:58 am

Hmmm, some of my hobbies in the past have included getting neo-hippies to punch me...as a way of shining a light on their true anti-violence views. So, some pain isn't an issue for me, and hot (spicy) hot coffee isn't going to actually harm anyone so I feel okay.
    But...
    The "pranks" where people get a groin shot or wipe out on their skateboard or punched in the head or whatever are not funny to me.

As to suddenly being "single" on FB...that could invite a lot of hurtful things... "I knew she was no good for you" "Good riddance" "You're single? Want to go out?" "He's a real ^$%*#!, what did he do?"

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on March 26th 2015, 12:22 pm

mikel.withers wrote:Hmmm, some of my hobbies in the past have included getting neo-hippies to punch me...

lol! Dude, you're nuts! I guess SOMEone has to live on the edge so the rest of us can watch it on youtube. Wink

www.spiritblade.com

mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers on March 26th 2015, 2:19 pm

Bah, I watch youtube, I don't participate. Besides, the fact that I goaded friends into disavowing their stated beliefs could be embarrassing to them, and I wouldn't want to do that. It is enough that they know.
    Perhaps I should go into that a little further. It sounds kind of nice to say "violence never settles anything". However, I twisted that into telling one of my friends that I wasn't going to stop annoying him until I was punched by him...thus, violence would settle his problem of being annoyed by me, and it (eventually) did. Perhaps you could see it as philosophical concepts put into action...

ComiKate

Activity : 366
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate on April 4th 2015, 3:49 am

I didn't prank anyone myself, but…. I got pranked!

It was at work, I was horrendously busy, so I came running out of a meeting back to my work space and my mouse suddenly didn't work. I tried and tried, checked all the wiring, and got extremely annoyed.

As it turned out, one of my prankster colleagues had taped the optical eye! cyclops
    It took me a good 5 minutes to figure that out.

I had no clue who it had been, until later that day, when she turned her head around the door and asked me with a very wide smile: "So, does your mouse work?"

We had a good laugh about it of course.

mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers on April 5th 2015, 8:32 am

Ha, good one.

Update: I got 2 guys with my prank... the youth pastor got a bit freaked out by his "spicy" coffee, even after an intern told him it couldn't be-coffee isn't spicy, and the worship pastor thought his coffee was wrong somehow but said, " I figured, 'if this was the coffee we had, this was the coffee I'd drink'" Our associated Christian counseling ...er counselor, seemed disappointed he didn't get to try it. (It is really good with hot chocolate)

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on April 8th 2015, 3:46 pm

ComiKate wrote:I didn't prank anyone myself, but…. I got pranked!

It was at work, I was horrendously busy, so I came running out of a meeting back to my work space and my mouse suddenly didn't work. I tried and tried, checked all the wiring, and got extremely annoyed.

As it turned out, one of my prankster colleagues had taped the optical eye! cyclops

I had no clue who it had been, until later that day, when she turned her head around the door and asked me with a very wide smile: "So, does your mouse work?"

lol!

Oh man, that sounds like something that would happen to me. Although I don't think anyone would need to sabotage my technology. It has enough hatred for me on its own.

www.spiritblade.com

tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill on April 13th 2015, 1:16 pm

ComiKate wrote:I didn't prank anyone myself, but…. I got pranked!

Now that an appropriate amount of time has passed, it's time for justice! Get a screen shot of his plain desktop and set it as his background, then remove all the icons from the desktop.

Then after that set his contract to 100% so the monitor looks like it's off, even when it is on.

Revenge is a dish best served with a side of escalation.

mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers on April 1st 2016, 1:54 pm

New year, new prank.
    A couple fellows at church (where I work) didn't want to come in today because I pranked their coffee last year.
    So... I switched one of their chairs out with a toilet, and the other guy's with a high chair... replaced their couch with some toys from the nursery and bingo bango lesson learned. Keep your friends close and a prankster closer.
    My wife came up with the idea...I think I'm a positive influence on her life.

The office manager said she ALMOST pranked me by sending an email saying I had to set up 200 chairs in the church narthex for Sunday. I was so tired this morning I would have done it, even though it would have meant stripping most of the chairs in the building to fill it up.
    She said she didn't because "You wouldn't have expected it from me" which would have been brilliant for that very reason.

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on April 4th 2016, 10:02 am

Dude, that's awesome!

I never pranked anyone while I worked at our church. But when I moved up from Worship Director to Worship Pastor I took the old sliding name/title thingy from my office door and stuck it on the men's room stall. Then I put a stapler, some pens and a picture of my wife on the tank of the toilet. It stayed there for close to a month.

www.spiritblade.com

mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers on April 4th 2016, 8:06 pm

As someone whose "office" is a broom closet we connected power and a phone line to... I really like that restroom stall thing.
    Could be quite convenient.
    Plus, if someone sits down next to you, you can always go with, "How long since your last confession, my son?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:19 am

Current date/time is December 4th 2016, 11:19 am