The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Just Got The "Retron 5"!

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50

Just Got The "Retron 5"!

Post  Paeter on May 12th 2015, 7:31 pm

After being paid (in an Amazon Gift card, since they suspected I might not be willing to accept payment) for a workshop I ran for the worship team vocalists at our church last Saturday, I offered to split it with my wife, who declined with a knowing smile.

I wasted about 2 seconds before jumping online to order the Retron 5. It's a gamning console with slots to play NES, SNES, Sega, Genesis, Gameboy, and Gameboy advance games (plus the japanese versions of NES and SNES) with save state options, built in cheat devices (game genie, etc), graphic enhancement and HDMI out. Runs $140 on Amazon and I've held off up till recently because of hardware problems I read about in reviews. But after learning that the current product run eliminated those problems and getting some questions about the warranty answered, I took the plunge!

Hopefully it all works out! I'll probably give an update here and/or on the podcast/youtube channel in the not too distant future. Meanwhile, my workday is now done and it's time to open up that box!!

www.spiritblade.com

mikel.withers

Activity : 520
    Geek-Cred : 8

Re: Just Got The "Retron 5"!

Post  mikel.withers on May 13th 2015, 6:29 am

That is so awesome!
    I wish I had been far-sighted enough years ago to think this might happen, I'd have spent a lot more time going to garage sales and picking up the games that were so out of date.

CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels on May 13th 2015, 2:53 pm

Always been curious about these!! My old consoles barely power up anymore. Let us know who it turns out. I might have to get one myself!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:43 pm

Current date/time is December 3rd 2016, 12:43 pm