Vietnam Trip

Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 791
    Geek-Cred : 44

Vietnam Trip

Post  Nathan James Norman on June 27th 2015, 11:14 am

Hi Blade Runners,
    I just arrived in Hanoi, Vietnam. As I type this, I'm waiting to be joined by my team mates from "Cross Talk Global" http://www.crosstalkglobal.org/where/vietnam/
    In a nutshell, we'll be spending two weeks to do intensive training with 24 Vietnamese pastors. We'll be training them in biblical communication (hermeneutics, exegesis, homiletics).
    The program is essentially modeled around the Doctorate of Ministry program cohorts. We'll be doing two weeks of training once a year for three years.
    The goal is to train the pastors, to turn around and train other pastors (who will in turn, train others).

The need is great. The potential impact is humbling.
    -Please pray for the following over the next few weeks:
    -That God the Holy Spirit will guide us and empower everything we do.
    -That the team is given wisdom and insight to overcome cultural barriers.
    -That the pastors have a deeper understanding, love, and confidence in the Word of God.
    -That we work well with the translators.
    -That we grow deep, meaningful relationships with our translators and the pastors we are serving.
    -That God gives us health and physical, emotional, spiritual and financial protection.
    -That the whole team is able to have a normal sleep schedule.
    -That my wife, and two young kids will flourish during this time of separation.
    -Finally, pray that whatever happens all glory goes to the Yahweh in the Name of Jesus!
    [/list]

mikel.withers

Activity : 530
    Geek-Cred : 8

Re: Vietnam Trip

Post  mikel.withers on June 27th 2015, 1:08 pm

Will do, bro.

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5046
    Geek-Cred : 50

Post  Paeter on July 2nd 2015, 12:24 pm

Thanks for giving us the chance to pray for this. What an awesome work to be a part of!

www.spiritblade.com

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5046
    Geek-Cred : 50

Post  Paeter on July 22nd 2015, 11:56 am

Welcome back! How did it go? What did Yahweh seem to be doing on that trip?

www.spiritblade.com

Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 791
    Geek-Cred : 44

Post  Nathan James Norman on July 23rd 2015, 9:28 am

Paeter wrote:Welcome back! How did it go? What did Yahweh seem to be doing on that trip?

Thanks! I'm glad to be back!

Lots of great stuff is going on. (This was the first of three sessions in a three year cohort).

The pastors all expressed that they felt much more confident in their preaching.
    They grasped an understanding of how biblical narrative works (and how to more effectively communicate it).
    They felt extremely confident to now preach without notes.
    They thought "big idea preaching" would help them and their congregations understand the Bible much much better.
    The denomination (Evangelical Church of Vietnam North) said this training came at the right time. It would safeguard the church from cults and cult-ideas. It gave essential training. (Many of the top denomination officials took the class and excelled in it.)

This mission is long-term.
    The goal is to eventually train Vietnamese pastors to turn around and train other Vietnamese pastors. So this becomes a culturally Vietnamese work...
    We want them to sound like Vietnamese preachers. Not American preachers (God knows we don't need more of that!)

Anyhow... more pictures and some personal comments are in this newsletter: http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?ca=6b718f7e-712a-472d-acdd-9b5ddef95864&c=c2f542c0-caa7-11e4-af1c-d4ae528eb986&ch=c2f9d6a0-caa7-11e4-af1c-d4ae528eb986

Thanks for asking!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:25 am

Current date/time is December 9th 2016, 10:25 am