The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Friends In Great Pain

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50

Friends In Great Pain

Post  Paeter on September 9th 2015, 12:50 pm

Some of you who happen to pay attention to credits at the end of Spirit Blade Productions audio dramas may recognize the names Krystofer James VanSlyke and Melissa VanSlyke. Krys did a couple of pick-up lines in Spirit Blade: Special Edition. He also played one of the Sanctafi in Dark Ritual (and the upcoming "A World Of Shadows") and did all of the guitar work in the songs for Dark Ritual. He also played Christopher's friend "Kaphan" in "Pilgrim's Progress: Similitude Of A Dream". His wife, Melissa, played the unforgettable "High Priestess" in Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual.

After close to a year of fighting it off, their nearly two-year old son, Atticus, passed away a few weeks ago from complications related to cancer. Things had been looking up for awhile but took a sudden downward turn a few months ago. He reportedly even seemed stable the days leading up to his relatively sudden passing.

Both Krys and Melissa are believers, but are in the thick of a nightmare experience I can't possibly fathom going through. Their pain, anger, grief and questions are all monumental right now.
    I'd ask that you give them space and not reach out to them unless you know them Away From Keyboard. But I'd be so grateful if you would pray for these hurting friends of mine, and then pray for them again the next time you listen to any of our audio dramas.

Thanks.

www.spiritblade.com

fxruizx

Activity : 30
    Geek-Cred : 0

Re: Friends In Great Pain

Post  fxruizx on September 9th 2015, 4:35 pm

I clicked Post Reply thinking I knew what I would write, but now I am wordless. All I can think to express is that I will be praying for them in their suffering and mourning.

mikel.withers

Activity : 521
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  mikel.withers on September 10th 2015, 8:02 am

Will do.
    Usually by the time I get to actually typing that, I've already prayed, but this just knocks you back a step.
    I don't know them, Paeter, but if it might help, you could let them know that people 'out there' are praying for them. If space is what they need, then we can let God do the comforting.

Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 791
    Geek-Cred : 44

Post  Nathan James Norman on September 10th 2015, 10:53 am

Not a very inspiring text, but true:

Why is light given to one burdened with grief, and life to those whose existence is bitter, who wait for death, but it does not come, and search for it more than for hidden treasure, who are filled with much joy and are glad when they reach the grave?

Why is life given to a man whose path is hidden, whom God has hedged in?
    I sigh when food is put before me, and my groans pour out like water.
    For the thing I feared has overtaken me, and what I dreaded has happened to me.
    I cannot relax or be still; I have no rest, for trouble comes.
    (Job 3:20-26 HCSB)

And:
    LORD, how long will You forget me? Forever? How long will You hide Your face from me?
    How long will I store up anxious concerns within me, agony in my mind every day? How long will my enemy dominate me?
    Consider me and answer, LORD my God. Restore brightness to my eyes; otherwise, I will sleep in death.
    My enemy will say, "I have triumphed over him," and my foes will rejoice because I am shaken.
    But I have trusted in Your faithful love; my heart will rejoice in Your deliverance.
    I will sing to the LORD because He has treated me generously.
    (Psa 13:1-6 HCSB)

I'm praying.

jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 191
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  jorowi on November 5th 2015, 8:06 am

I pray peace and comfort upon them in a time of unimaginable pain.

Twitter

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:11 am

Current date/time is December 4th 2016, 3:11 am