The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Need "Post-Apocalyptic" Bumper For SBU Podcast

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5053
    Geek-Cred : 50

Need "Post-Apocalyptic" Bumper For SBU Podcast

Post  Paeter on September 18th 2015, 4:52 pm

Just editing this week's podcast and I've felt for awhile now I need a new bumper to put before reviews of post-apocalyptic themed movies. There are so many these days. Almost as many as Superhero flicks. But I'm in the thick of other creative stuff and have nothing left to come up with a gag for that kind of bumper. ANyone want to spitball with me here to come up with a basic gag and a script that I could record by myself. (The Female AI voice from my other bumpers could be an additional character in the scene but wouldn't have to be.)

Any thoughts?

www.spiritblade.com

mikel.withers

Activity : 534
    Geek-Cred : 8

Re: Need "Post-Apocalyptic" Bumper For SBU Podcast

Post  mikel.withers on September 18th 2015, 9:17 pm

Well, spitballing:
    Music- It's the end of the world as we know it, the world turned upside down, School's Out, Horse with No Name, Christmas at Ground Zero...difficult to go wrong with the Good the Bad and the Ugly theme.
    You could allude to "Time Enough at Last" the 'last man on earth' Twilight Zone episode, or some I am Legend monologue...
    You could go very obscure and do that Monty Python's Flying Circus "It's" program opening...

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on September 21st 2015, 11:42 am

Love the music ideas, but I can't use any copyrighted content. All the music I use in other bumpers I have purchased or otherwise have a license for.

Funny you mention "Time Enough At Last". The only ideas I had were either some kind of combat scenario (like Terminator or Mad Max) or a "lone survivor" bit, maybe with the AI being my only companion. Couldn't come up with any specifics or a central punchline for either concept, though.

www.spiritblade.com

mikel.withers

Activity : 534
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  mikel.withers on September 21st 2015, 12:48 pm

Well, for a punchline... what if the AI killed off everyone else so it had time enough for YOU?

Apart from "lone survivor", maybe you could be the old codger who was telling all the youngsters what the world was like before "the Time" or somesuch. Gather around the fire barrel and hear of the world before.
    You could go with too much water: lone mountain tops being the only things that stick out of the ever-present water...
    or too little water: traversing what was once the ocean floor.
    No sun: fire is the only light
    no clouds: anything to escape the burning heat.

Other tropes: the spaceman returns to find a world vastly different than the one he left, maybe aliens came and devastated the landscape, and you search for survivors, (that might lend itself to a "captain's log" style deal where you "find" new tales)

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on September 25th 2015, 5:22 pm

mikel.withers wrote:Well, for a punchline... what if the AI killed off everyone else so it had time enough for YOU?

Oooh, this jumped out at me! I wonder how I could lead up to that and how that could be funny.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:51 am

Current date/time is December 11th 2016, 6:51 am