The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

What Do You Think Of The Latest Star Wars Trailer?

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50

What Do You Think Of The Latest Star Wars Trailer?

Post  Paeter on October 21st 2015, 12:35 pm

This is the first Star Wars trailer to actually get me excited to see this movie. Why? Because I see indications of understandable human drama. Tears amidst combat hint at intense inner conflict. And the brief shot of Leia being comforted by Han feels like a sad, quiet moment between a couple who have been together for many years.

I love the Star Wars "universe" far more than I love the movies these days because the movies are frozen in a mode specifically intended, in part, to connect with kids. But now that I'm grown up I've long wanted a Star Wars that has grown up too. One that is done trying to appeal to little kids. The Star Wars from "Knights Of The Old Republic", for example.

This movie may just be the droid I'm looking for.

What do YOU think?

www.spiritblade.com

mikel.withers

Activity : 521
    Geek-Cred : 8

Re: What Do You Think Of The Latest Star Wars Trailer?

Post  mikel.withers on October 22nd 2015, 12:21 pm

Too many black people.

Shocked

Just kidding.
    They had me at "Star Wars" so the trailer was never going to sell me on the movie. Instead, the only thing the trailer could ever do was convince me to NOT go. I have to say, I love the visuals from the trailers: it LOOKS really good.
    Story-wise? It is hard to say, you can make out a couple things, but we all know how misleading a trailer can be in that respect. My supposition is that the Rebellion didn't win just by killing Vader and the Emperor. I'm guessing Mon Mothma didn't become president of the galaxy and Luke isn't reinstating the Jedi order.
    I kind of like where I think it is going in those respects.
    One thing, and this could simply be a result of where they are in production, but it looks very 'clean'.

My favorite part of the trailer, though, was watching the video of John Boyega reacting to it. That is just all kinds of geeky awesome.

Dreamerhorwitz

Activity : 76
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Dreamerhorwitz on October 24th 2015, 7:00 pm

To me, the trailer is underwhelming. We've spent two generations watching the fall of an empire, how a hero turned into a villain, and the end of a galactic war, and now we're following a duo of characters who don't know what they want to do in life.
    Also, they are banking on it being an identity film made by Disney, so unless they want to execute a different plan than Disney Channel, the trailer is not giving me a lot of confidence.

Rickster

Activity : 1935
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster on October 25th 2015, 4:43 pm

Have you guys seen this

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:18 pm

Current date/time is December 4th 2016, 1:18 pm