The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

CGC "Christmas Something" Thursday December 16th or 19th?

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5014
    Geek-Cred : 50

CGC "Christmas Something" Thursday December 16th or 19th?

Post  Paeter on November 20th 2015, 9:47 am

I was thinking of doing some kind of event for Christmas this year and am waffling between a video game live stream featuring Christmas themed games and a google video hangout. My latest thought is to do both (live stream some gaming while chatting with you guys). Google hangouts allow for around 12 people in a hangout, maybe more. Can't remember. I figure that's plenty for those among you that would be interested/brave enough to join me live on the interwebs.

Right now Thursday evening, December 10th is looking best for me. (the calendar only gets crazier after that.) I was thinking a roughly 2 hour time slot (maybe 3 if all I do is stream myself) starting at maybe 5pm Pacific/8pm Eastern.  

Any thoughts on those three options, or maybe an alternative idea?

Last edited by Paeter on November 23rd 2015, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

www.spiritblade.com

mikel.withers

Activity : 520
    Geek-Cred : 8

Re: CGC "Christmas Something" Thursday December 16th or 19th?

Post  mikel.withers on November 20th 2015, 12:29 pm

Well, I might have to learn what this hangouts thing is all about, it sounds like it could be fun.

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on November 23rd 2015, 11:48 am

Just changed the proposed date to Wednesday the 16th since I ran into a problem on my calendar that I should have seen the first time. Sorry!

Anyone interested in some kind of CGC X-mas thing on the 16th? Prefer a stream that you watch, or a google hangout you could potentially be part of? Both?

www.spiritblade.com

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on November 30th 2015, 7:43 pm

Doesn't seem to be generating much interest. Maybe what I'll do is host a google hangout from my laptop while I bake goodies on Saturday the 19th. That's my annual bake-a-thon to prep for the caroling ministry at our church. I spend the day and evening baking and assembling gift bags while watching my favorite geek Christmas movies and television episodes. So it would be less of a "CGC Event" and more of a "pop in and chat with Paeter for a bit if you want" kinda thing. Does that interest anyone?

It's a crazy busy season, so if that doesn't work or interest folks I totally understand. Just thought I'd put the idea of a "Christmas Something" out there in case anyone would be interested. We can always try again another year.

www.spiritblade.com

ComiKate

Activity : 366
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate on December 6th 2015, 1:09 pm

I don't know how much work this is on your end, but if not too much, then you could perhaps mail the invitations (if that's how it works, I don't Hangout - except that one time with you guys Smile ) to forum members, or perhaps just Insiders? And see who drops in?

I don't know yet if I'll be able to hang out for a bit, since as you said it's quite the busy season, so I can't commit; on the other hand, I can't say for sure that I cannot come, so…

Just a thought.

I do appreciate the thought very much though! Hope you won't give up on us even if we don't seem too enthousiastic - which might just be appearances anyway...

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on December 8th 2015, 12:19 pm

Let me troubleshoot that a bit with the team. I logged into google+ and made the mistake of updating it. Now I can't find hangouts. So we'll see what's possible and hopefully have an option soon! Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on December 8th 2015, 12:53 pm

Do you do Skype, Katja? Maybe I should just use skype and give everyone my skype ID, since I'm not planning it to be a public live video necessarily, just an open-house chance to connect. What do you think?

www.spiritblade.com

AdamCollings

Activity : 203
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  AdamCollings on December 8th 2015, 5:27 pm

I might be interested in popping in for a bit if it coincides with a time that works for my time-zone.

ComiKate

Post  ComiKate on December 9th 2015, 2:39 pm

Yes, I skype, no problemo! (easier than Hangouts, last time I tried to connect with you guys it simply didn't see your hangout until I changed devices, pfff)

It should be a group conversation though, and I'm no skype expert but maybe you'd need some kind of special (pro?) account for that?

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on December 10th 2015, 10:00 am

ComiKate wrote:It should be a group conversation though, and I'm no skype expert but maybe you'd need some kind of special (pro?) account for that?
    Oh, do you? Lame. Might have to stick with Google+ then. I'll try to have the details sorted out by middle of next week. Suggestions still welcome in the meantime!

www.spiritblade.com

AdamCollings

Activity : 203
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  AdamCollings on December 10th 2015, 5:39 pm

I don't think you do. I'm in a writing group that is planning to meet over Skype once we get over the business of Christmas. There has been no mention made of needing a pro version of Skype. Maybe we'll get a rude shock when we try though.

ComiKate

Post  ComiKate on December 11th 2015, 8:33 am

I think they may have updated their policies; it does seem to be a free service now, so yea!

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on December 16th 2015, 1:03 pm

Okey dokey, Folkey! I will be on Skype this Saturday the 19th from 11am-5pm Pacific! Anyone interested in dropping by can call me during that time at paeter.frandsen on Skype.

I'll be baking and watching geeky Christmas stuff all afternoon and would love to chat for a bit if you have the time and feel so inclined!

Merry Christmas!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:17 pm

Current date/time is December 2nd 2016, 5:17 pm