The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central


    Gearing Up For Some Gaming!

    Share

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3481
    Activity : 5017
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Gearing Up For Some Gaming!

    Post  Paeter on March 30th 2016, 10:23 am

    I've got some major gaming events coming up!

    Friday morning I'll drive out to California to spend the weekend with my buddy Mark for our bi-annual gaming weekend. Looks like we may add video games to the usual mix of board/card games. I'll be bringing Mage Knight and Pathfinder for sure, and possibly Doom: The Board Game and Descent (1st Edition). Will also bring a TV and a few consoles for what I call "2-man Arcade", where I basically hang out with a friend while we both play different games on different TVs, but while sitting next to each other and shooting the crap.

    Saturday the 9th (next weekend) is my Agape Geekout game night for Show Hope, which will probably just involve my usual game group. But it's a night I'm really looking forward to! Then just a few days later on Tuesday April 12th, I will be having my own little 1-man event for the second year running. I call it my "Getting Older Game-athon". For years now I've done some kind of "game day" in connection to my birthday (the 11th), and before last year it involved a day long open house of table-top gaming. But a couple years ago, I discovered that with a monthly gaming group added to my life in recent years, I'd really rather just play on my birthday rather than "host an event". So last year I spent an entire day just playing video games, inviting a few guys over for about 3-hours of that time. And starting this year I think I'm going full-blown hermit style and just locking myself alone in my office from 7am-10pm for some hardcore video gaming!

    I won't be streaming the event, since I don't want to have to be "on" at all. But I do plan to record with picture in picture the entire time, so that if there is something worth editing and posting later I have the option.

    Three gaming events in less than two weeks time! That's a lot for me, and I can't wait!


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    mikel.withers

    Posts : 422
    Activity : 520
    Geek-Cred : 8
    Join date : 2014-10-27
    Location : Homer NY

    Re: Gearing Up For Some Gaming!

    Post  mikel.withers on March 31st 2016, 8:15 am

    Sounds pretty good. I hope it all comes together well for you.

    Rickster

    Posts : 1186
    Activity : 1935
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 33

    Re: Gearing Up For Some Gaming!

    Post  Rickster on April 6th 2016, 12:13 am

    Paeter wrote: for what I call "2-man Arcade", where I basically hang out with a friend while we both play different games on different TVs, but while sitting next to each other and shooting the crap.

    That sounds like an interesting idea. Is it because you two have different taste in games that you do this instead of a multiplayer game?

    UKSteve

    Posts : 178
    Activity : 238
    Geek-Cred : 8
    Join date : 2010-07-09
    Location : England

    Re: Gearing Up For Some Gaming!

    Post  UKSteve on April 6th 2016, 3:29 am

    Paeter wrote:I call it my "Getting Older Game-athon". For years now I've done some kind of "game day" in connection to my birthday (the 11th)

    I might have to steal that... I had all my retro gaming systems out last month and had an open house to celebrate turning 42, and had a total blast! Playground rivalries of Sinclair v Commodore came back to life and everything...

    So I'm totally doing it for my next birthday too - and maybe once or twice before then if I can persuade Mrs UKSteve to lend me the house again...

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3481
    Activity : 5017
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Gearing Up For Some Gaming!

    Post  Paeter on April 6th 2016, 8:41 pm

    Rickster wrote:
    Paeter wrote: for what I call "2-man Arcade", where I basically hang out with a friend while we both play different games on different TVs, but while sitting next to each other and shooting the crap.

    That sounds like an interesting idea. Is it because you two have different taste in games that you do this instead of a multiplayer game?

    Bingo. My tastes run strictly single-player. ;-)

    But I do enjoy conversation while grinding for loot!


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3481
    Activity : 5017
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Gearing Up For Some Gaming!

    Post  Paeter on April 6th 2016, 8:43 pm

    UKSteve wrote:
    Paeter wrote:I call it my "Getting Older Game-athon". For years now I've done some kind of "game day" in connection to my birthday (the 11th)

    I might have to steal that... I had all my retro gaming systems out last month and had an open house to celebrate turning 42, and had a total blast! Playground rivalries of Sinclair v Commodore came back to life and everything...

    So I'm totally doing it for my next birthday too - and maybe once or twice before then if I can persuade Mrs UKSteve to lend me the house again...

    Would she be more willing if you did it as a charity/ministry fundraiser? Our spring Agape Geekout push is this month!


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    UKSteve

    Posts : 178
    Activity : 238
    Geek-Cred : 8
    Join date : 2010-07-09
    Location : England

    Re: Gearing Up For Some Gaming!

    Post  UKSteve on April 7th 2016, 1:32 am

    Paeter wrote:Would she be more willing if you did it as a charity/ministry fundraiser? Our spring Agape Geekout push is this month!

    She's pretty cool with it really, but that is a good idea - although a bit too soon after the dust settled from the last time!

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3481
    Activity : 5017
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Gearing Up For Some Gaming!

    Post  Paeter on April 7th 2016, 7:26 pm

    UKSteve wrote:
    Paeter wrote:Would she be more willing if you did it as a charity/ministry fundraiser? Our spring Agape Geekout push is this month!

    She's pretty cool with it really, but that is a good idea - although a bit too soon after the dust settled from the last time!

    There's always Extra-Life in the fall! (Or really, an Agape Geekout of your own any time you want!)


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3481
    Activity : 5017
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Gearing Up For Some Gaming!

    Post  Paeter on April 8th 2016, 5:14 pm

    My Show Hope Agape Geekout is tomorrow night! Woohoo!

    And my "Getting Older Game-a-thon" has been bumped around a few times as Holly and I have decided to have a getaway for a couple nights in the middle of this coming week. Not wanting to delay my game-a-thon any further than I have already, we've moved it to Sunday. So for nearly every waking moment from Saturday 7pm-Sunday 10pm I'll be gaming it up! Hope my head doesn't explode! (But what a great way to go, right?)


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Sponsored content

    Re: Gearing Up For Some Gaming!

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:47 am


      Current date/time is December 3rd 2016, 1:47 am