The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

"A Silent Voice" Anime Film Trailer

jazzact13

Activity : 186
    Geek-Cred : 1

"A Silent Voice" Anime Film Trailer

Post  jazzact13 on April 14th 2016, 10:11 pm

I think I mentioned this movie in my intro, but this is the first trailer for it that I've seen. The art looks nice, and while it doesn't show much story-wise, it does show both main characters as kids and then a few years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0SbDiDf3l0

jazzact13

Re: "A Silent Voice" Anime Film Trailer

Post  jazzact13 on July 8th 2016, 10:07 am

It looks like a second, longer trailer has been released. I'm surprised they're going to try to put so much of the manga's story into the movie, but if it works, it'll be very, very good.

jazzact13

Post  jazzact13 on September 6th 2016, 11:34 pm

Kyoto Animation is doing some promotional work for the movie as the release date approaches. This TV spot has some preview material in it. Most of it focuses an the first part of the story from the manga, when Shoya and Shoko are still kids. Makes for a bit a tough viewing, because this was when Shoya was treating her badly.

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5040
    Geek-Cred : 50

Post  Paeter on September 7th 2016, 9:43 am

REALLY nice art and animation. U.S. cell animation is almost always a downgrade from the comic book page, but any one of those frames could be used in a comic book. Beautiful detail.

www.spiritblade.com

jazzact13

Post  jazzact13 on September 8th 2016, 11:13 pm

I'll admit to a bit of unease when I heard they were doing a movie for the story instead of an anime series, as it wasn't a long manga series but there was enough to make for a good season of episodes to tell the story well. But the more they've shown of the movie, the more my skepticism has decreased. And though I'm not completely sure this, I've seen some sources that claim it'll be a movie that'll go a bit over a couple of hours. It seems like Kyoto Animation has taken this project very seriously, and that'll likely mean a very high quality movie.

If you remember the Violet Evergarden trailer, you might want to know that this movie is being put out by the same studio, Kyoto Animation. It's doesn't have the flash and flair of the Violet Evergarden trailer, but yes it's just as well done.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:55 am

Current date/time is December 8th 2016, 6:55 am