The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Church Staff Transition

Activity : 4891
    Geek-Cred : 49

Church Staff Transition

Post  Paeter on April 19th 2016, 9:44 am

Our church is heading into a pastoral staff transition.(Not the senior pastor, but a supporting pastor position.) The exiting pastor is leaving on good terms, no problems there. I have some concern about who they are considering to replace him. Had a meeting with the executive pastor (who is a chief part of the pastoral hiring process) and I felt both heard and considered, but a lot is still up in the air. My concerns may ultimately not be valid (People can change and this person has had time and circumstance for Yahweh to do that), but if they are valid and he is hired anyway, it will mean significant change for me and some potentially ongoing difficulties I'll need to adapt to.

Zero chance of me leaving our church over this. But I'd appreciate your prayers for the decision-makers and those being considered, that God will make the right person very clear and close doors on the wrong ones definitively. Also prayer for my submission and ongoing attitude should a choice be made that I have concerns about. I want to give people grace and imitate our "God of second chances".

-Seek The Truth!

Activity : 476
    Geek-Cred : 8

Re: Church Staff Transition

Post  mikel.withers on April 20th 2016, 8:06 am

Will do.
    A church staff is a small family, and any change can turn radical in short order.

Current date/time is October 26th 2016, 10:09 am