Need Some Perspective

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5053
    Geek-Cred : 50

Need Some Perspective

Post  Paeter on September 17th 2010, 12:23 am

Hey Folks,

I could use some prayer for God's perspective on my goals and "to dos". It seems like there is never enough time to do what I have in front of me and to keep up with the deadlines I've set for myself. And when I fall behind where I think I should be, I become stressed and frustrated.

I seem to vaguely remember scripture from somewhere that says in effect "there is enough time in every day to do what God asks of you". I haven't been able to find it yet, so if anyone happens to know where it is, I'd love to get it from you.

Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com

WhiteBoy

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 12

Re: Need Some Perspective

Post  WhiteBoy on September 17th 2010, 10:20 am

Sorry...that verse does not sound familiar to me. It sounds like maybe something in Proverbs or Ecclesiastes. Or it could be one of those things like "God helps those who help themselves" that people have heard and think it's in the Bible but it's not.

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on September 18th 2010, 12:09 am

WhiteBoy wrote:Sorry...that verse does not sound familiar to me. It sounds like maybe something in Proverbs or Ecclesiastes. Or it could be one of those things like "God helps those who help themselves" that people have heard and think it's in the Bible but it's not.

lol!

Yeah. I'd considered that it might be "Christian Culture Osmosis". I've switched my scripture reading to Proverbs in the meantime. I figure even if it's not there it can't hurt to gain a little wisdom right now. Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com

mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 697
    Geek-Cred : 38

Post  mindspike on September 18th 2010, 12:30 am

Matthew 6 wrote: 25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?
    28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
    This is where I always go when I'm feeling overwhelmed by life.

Opposing Forces powered by Fate!

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on September 18th 2010, 1:14 am

mindspike wrote:
    This is where I always go when I'm feeling overwhelmed by life.

Thanks, bro.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:50 am

Current date/time is December 11th 2016, 6:50 am