The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Awareness Of The Holy Spirit

Activity : 4888
    Geek-Cred : 49

Awareness Of The Holy Spirit

Post  Paeter on September 2nd 2016, 10:30 am

Had lunch with someone the other day and they asked how they could be praying for me. After thinking a moment I realized what I've been frequently praying for lately and thought I'd share that here for anyone who has a moment to pray for me (or all of us).

I think what God is calling me to grow in right now is an increased and more continual awareness of the Holy Spirit and what he is saying and doing throughout the mundane moments of my day. All the time God is providing opportunities for me to bless and invest in my wife and my boys or others I interact with. And in those moments I so often choose my comfort or my agenda over them. As much as I aim to live without compartmentalizing God there are still so many compartments of my life that I keep sealed from him simply by unconscious default, and I really want to be done with that. I believe there is so much more God wants to invite me into that I'm either not seeing or just can't be ready for until I've grown in my moment-by-moment awareness and listening for the Holy Spirit.

-Seek The Truth!

Activity : 476
    Geek-Cred : 8

Re: Awareness Of The Holy Spirit

Post  mikel.withers on September 6th 2016, 11:52 am

Will do.
    And yeah, I bet we can all use more of that.

Current date/time is October 24th 2016, 1:18 pm