The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Prayers that I "heard" God right, and good fruit comes of it

fxruizx

Activity : 166
    Geek-Cred : 1

Prayers that I "heard" God right, and good fruit comes of it

Post  fxruizx on December 20th 2016, 2:56 pm

Recently I felt a prompting/nudge from God to introduce myself to a local video game company, Soma Games. It has been a company I have followed for several years, but since I am not a video game designer/developer, I never contacted them. I still am not either one of those, but in trying to be faithful to what I believe was God wanting me to do something reach out, I put together a Read-Along-Record book (PDF and MP3) that answered all their online questionnaire questions in a story form.

All that to say, I don't know why God timed things like He did, but I want to ask for your prayers that good fruit of some sort would come out of this, and hopefully it is the kind I will actually experience in some way.

(Also, it's been challenging not to doubt that I have just been fooling myself this whole time, and invested several hours of work just for vanity. So if that is the case, please also pray that God would do a ret-con-ing miracle over this whole endeavor).

Thank you all and Merry Christmas santa
    mikel.withers

Activity : 713
    Geek-Cred : 9

Re: Prayers that I "heard" God right, and good fruit comes of it

Post  mikel.withers on December 21st 2016, 9:06 am

First: will pray for you and the situation.

Second: no need to retcon, even if you were mistaken in hearing a call to do this work, God has turned much worse things around to His glory.
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6525
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on December 21st 2016, 12:33 pm

mikel.withers wrote:First: will pray for you and the situation.

Second: no need to retcon, even if you were mistaken in hearing a call to do this work, God has turned much worse things around to His glory.

Super ditto on both of these.

I've heard of soma and from what I understand they do quality work. SO that could be a great opportunity. But God can also use even the very process of your reaching out to them to bless and equip both you and them for possibly separate and even better things down the road.

Proverbs 19:21 and Romans 8:28 have been encouraging verses for me for awhile in regard to things like this.

www.spiritblade.com
    fxruizx

Activity : 166
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  fxruizx on January 6th 2017, 7:19 pm

Thank you Mikel and Paeter for your prayers!
    No real update as I have not heard anything, but thank you for continued prayers that something really good comes out of this. Very Happy

Happy New Year!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is August 14th 2018, 5:52 pm