The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

couch crashing and wisdom

Activity : 713
    Geek-Cred : 9

couch crashing and wisdom

Post  mikel.withers on February 14th 2017, 1:21 pm

I feel like I need to get a load off my chest, and this seems like the right place to do it, being relatively private.

A friend of my 19 year old son got kicked out of her house. So, we said she could crash on the couch until she figured out what to do. Well, she is 17 and still in high school., the two of them aren't 'together' or anything, more like friend of a friend than friends.
    Anyway, it doesn't look like this is just a one-time off spat that she had with her dad, but an ongoing issue that isn't likely to resolve quickly.

So now my wife is getting worried that my son is spending too much time with the girl, and might waste his life by falling for her. I haven't mentioned how unromantic that is, as I've been married too long to make that mistake. On a serious note, our aforementioned couch is a curtain away from my inlaw's bedroom, so privacy for messing around wouldn't be an option even if it were an option. That isn't the issue.

Now, I know I have a soft-spot for a sob story, it has gotten me very near trouble before, and it appears my son has gotten that (and his stunning good looks) from me. I mean: when our cat had kittens I "named" them Meep and The Little One, so that getting rid of them would be easy. never happened. I have 5 stinking cats living in my house because my son couldn't see letting them go.

Anyway, we are looking at the practical and legal implications, and that doesn't seem to be a problem either.

So...I feel compelled, not to say convicted, to welcome her in like one of our own and take care of a virtually orphaned child. My wife... not so much.
    So here is the request:
    If you could pray that God leads us, and we follow, no matter which direction that is.
    That we don't end up hurting the person we are trying to help more than help.
    I'd really appreciate it.

Activity : 674
    Geek-Cred : 3

Re: couch crashing and wisdom

Post  AdamCollings on February 14th 2017, 6:37 pm

Sounds like a sticky situation.
    Can be a challenge when you feel a desire to do something but you spouse doesn't share it.

Praying for wisdom for you.

Activity : 6259
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on February 15th 2017, 9:44 am

I can only imagine all the factors being considered by you both. Praying for wisdom, awareness/discernment and openness to the Holy Spirit's direction.

-Seek The Truth!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 23rd 2018, 5:06 pm