The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Prayer for Financial struggle

AdamCollings

Activity : 807
    Geek-Cred : 3

Prayer for Financial struggle

Post  AdamCollings on February 23rd 2017, 6:56 am

I'd really appreciate prayer for financial struggles.
    It seems lately that all our money is going toward medical expenses. My wife and I are both seeing a chiropractor for our neck and back respectively (and it seems Linda has met her yearly quota from our private health, so the cost of an appointment has jumped from $15 to $50), I need orthotics for my feet, our daughter just got braces, we've all got dental work going on, my wife needs to get a mole removed. And it's all happening at once.

It seems like it's more than I can earn just to keep us healthy.
    I joked to my wife that if I was a horse you'd just shoot me because I'm not worth the money to keep me going.

Specifically, I would like prayer for:
    * God's provision, that we can make ends meet, pay for the various medical things and still cover basics like groceries and petrol.
    * Faith that he will take care of us. (Nothing make me freak out money. So much easier to worry than trust)
    * That my wife will be blessed with regular nursing shifts, and that she'll be healthy enough to take the shifts when they are offered.

This has been a particularly hard fortnight. We went away for a night for our anniversary, which was abnormal expenses, and then everything went crazy after that, so maybe things will look brighter this fortnight. Hard to know right now.

Thanks friends.
    mikel.withers

Activity : 713
    Geek-Cred : 9

Re: Prayer for Financial struggle

Post  mikel.withers on February 23rd 2017, 10:21 am

Will do, mate.
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6525
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on February 23rd 2017, 11:15 am

Praying for you guys. Hang in there.

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 649
    Geek-Cred : 6

Post  jorowi on March 1st 2017, 12:18 pm

Prayed. I know how you feel. I have 3 kids currently with braces.

Twitter
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings on March 9th 2017, 4:21 pm

So there have been some blessings along the way.
    A few days after I posted the above prayer point, my work paid out a quarterly bonus to all employees. It wasn't a big sum, but it was enough to help pay for my filling at the dentist (we put it aside the second it appeared in the bank). So praise God for this provision.

The next challenge has arrived. I was supposed to get paid last night. It didn't happen. Still no pay this morning. My bank's website indicates they had some processing delays last Monday, so my issue is most likely a consequence of that, but I haven't yet been able to speak to anyone from the bank or from work. The bank will open in ten minutes.
    We're supposed to be going on a church camp today for the long weekend. Right now I can't even pay for the accomodation, and I had to cancel my automatic direct debit for my mortgage payment.

I know God will take care of me in the big picture. The blessing with the dentist is a great reminder of that. But this is just making a difficult situation even more complicated. Hard enough to manage my money when things appear when they're supposed to.

Anyway, it sucks
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings on March 9th 2017, 5:30 pm

.....and it's sorted.
    The bank had a delay waiting for a file to process.

There was another blessing that happened that I was going to mention, but it's slipped my mind.
    I'm starting to think that documenting blessings and provisions from God would be a great idea. It's so easy to forget them. We need to constantly look back on them as a way of keeping our faith strong. Might have to start some kind of thankfulness journal.
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 649
    Geek-Cred : 6

Post  jorowi on March 10th 2017, 9:22 am

Always great to hear about answered prayers!

Twitter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6525
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on March 10th 2017, 9:44 am

AdamCollings wrote:.....and it's sorted.
    The bank had a delay waiting for a file to process.

There was another blessing that happened that I was going to mention, but it's slipped my mind.
    I'm starting to think that documenting blessings and provisions from God would be a great idea. It's so easy to forget them. We need to constantly look back on them as a way of keeping our faith strong. Might have to start some kind of thankfulness journal.

Praise Yahweh! So good to hear.

I'm right with you on the thankfulness journal. I have one that I use in part for that, but I'm SOOOOO inconsistent in recording my gratitude and God's gracious responses to prayer. Thanks for the reminder of how important it is to remember his goodness and provision.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is August 14th 2018, 5:52 pm