The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Cancer, stress, anxiety, finances

mikel.withers

Activity : 713
    Geek-Cred : 9

Cancer, stress, anxiety, finances

Post  mikel.withers on May 5th 2017, 8:22 am

I haven't been posting this here, but I don't know why. Probably didn't want to whine or complain or whatever, but I could use your prayer.

My mother in law, who lives with us, got taken to the hospital in an ambulance and, after lots of tests and stuff, we found out she has lymphoma. It looks to be very local, and the doctors are pretty positive in their outlook. But still: cancer.

On top of that, my son had elevated anxiety and some (relatively) mild panic attacks, which kept me up until all hours of the night keeping him company. He is doing better now, but could use strength.

My wife, who is not prone to anxiety/panic had a (again relatively) mild panic attack and that was really rough for her. She had been at the hospital with my mother in law for about 10 days with no real answers and lots of stress. She had a hard time sleeping, worrying that at any moment she would get an emergency call. She is mostly better, but still has a lot of stress working on her.

I had...not quite a panic attack, but very high anxiety last night (borderline meltdown), I have to manage my anxiety levels at the best of times, and this has not been the best of times.

As for finances, well, I imagine you can all understand how the smallest thing can upset the apple cart. Things aren't necessarily bad, but they are going to be kind of messy for a bit.

So, if any or all of that speaks to you, I cherish your prayers.
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6525
    Geek-Cred : 56

Re: Cancer, stress, anxiety, finances

Post  Paeter on May 5th 2017, 8:38 am

Man I'm so sorry for all that you're going through. That sounds extremely difficult.

I'm praying for you all, that God's character as a loving father and rescuer will show itself in tangible ways. And that you'll have both obvious reasons in your mind to have peace, as well as peace that passes beyond understanding. Praying also for healing and recovery for your Mother in law, and for unfounded or unproductive fears and anxiety to be recognized as tools of the enemy.

May Yahweh bless and guard your emotions and filter the thoughts that occupy your minds.

Hang in there.

www.spiritblade.com
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 833
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy on May 6th 2017, 10:40 pm

I can definitely relate. As a matter of fact, my wife and I were *just* talking about stress that's really weighing on her right now.

Praying for you. The Lord will provide, and remember that His grace is truly amazing. He provides enough grace to see you through every trial.

Activity : 807
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  AdamCollings on May 7th 2017, 6:08 pm

Sounds like a really crappy time for you and your family.

Praying for healing for your mother-in-law and God's peace and comfort in the face of anxiety for all of you.
    It can be especially hard as the husband/father during hard times like this, as you want to hold everyone together.

May God be your strength, may you all be very aware of his love and his presence.
    mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers on May 8th 2017, 7:33 am

The acute problems are better, but still a lot of underlying issues.
    Thank you, guys, for your prayers.
    mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers on June 12th 2017, 10:38 am

If I could just *bump* this back up to the front burner...

My mother in law is in bad shape, and it is very rough on my wife and father in law.
    If you could pray that she would get some strength, and that the rest of us don't get too resentful of caring for her. (I don't know how to explain the problems without just complaining about her in a resentful way)
    Thanks
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6525
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on June 12th 2017, 10:50 am

mikel.withers wrote:If I could just *bump* this back up to the front burner...

My mother in law is in bad shape, and it is very rough on my wife and father in law.
    If you could pray that she would get some strength, and that the rest of us don't get too resentful of caring for her. (I don't know how to explain the problems without just complaining about her in a resentful way)
    Thanks

Praying for you guys, that she will become self-sufficient to reduce the care needed and that you guys will grow in your capacity for grace as only God can bring about. Hang in there.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is August 14th 2018, 5:53 pm