The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Blade Runner 2049 Trailer

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5851
    Geek-Cred : 53

Blade Runner 2049 Trailer

Post  Paeter on May 8th 2017, 1:23 pm

New trailer! What do you guys think? Do you like the original?

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers

Activity : 713
    Geek-Cred : 9

Re: Blade Runner 2049 Trailer

Post  mikel.withers on May 8th 2017, 1:50 pm

O
    K
    A
    Y

Not quite chills, but I'm excited to see this one.
    I am so glad it isn't a reboot, but appears to be a sequel. Why reboot the first when it holds up so well?
    Well, hmmm, let's see, it was weird as all get out, and definitely a product of its time, but brilliant, none-the-less.
    Although, I couldn't really point to something and say "that was brilliant".
    The mood: the rain, the water running, the ghostly pale replicants (when everyone should be under that lack of sunlight) Sean Young and Rutger Hauer before they went crazy...crazier, Edward James Olmos... Harrison Ford (turning into a grumpy old man?)... and Daryl Hannah as not-at-all-Roxanne... Just a terrific cast.
    I will say that the whole "Are we the children of our fathers or a new thing?" theme has been done so much since then that it loses a lot of steam. (and I would say that "Humans" the BBC show does it better...a LOT better than Prometheus which is the child of Blade Runner)
    A warning: there is some nakedidity in the original, but not sexualized...if memory serves...but even so, it is a terrific film.
    As to the new one? Any time you start something off with that ATARI symbol, you have a child of the 80's, like me, intrigued.
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5851
    Geek-Cred : 53

Post  Paeter on May 9th 2017, 8:18 am

mikel.withers wrote: Any time you start something off with that ATARI symbol, you have a child of the 80's, like me, intrigued.

Yeah! When I saw that, I was like, "Wow! They are COMMITTED to keeping this in continuity with the original!" Since I assume that logo was in the original and the film makers thought Atari would be big forever. (Like when The Company of the Aliens movie was said to have been bought by Wal-Mart in Alien Resurrection.)

www.spiritblade.com
    Battlemech37

Activity : 53
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Battlemech37 on June 5th 2017, 9:19 pm

I'm definitely excited. LOVED the first one, and really feel the look of the original Bladerunner influenced my art in a lot of ways. I'll be curious to see how they update the world of Bladerunner, yet hopefully retain the original atmosphere. Also hoping for a great audio track too, as the Vangelis soundtrack is a masterpiece.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is September 25th 2017, 9:00 pm