The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central


    Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie?

    Share
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 4212
    Activity : 6030
    Geek-Cred : 53
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 39
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie?

    Post  Paeter on June 22nd 2017, 9:24 am

    It's a little late for this week's podcast ep., but I'd be interested in getting a written or audio review of the new transformers movie from someone who has enjoyed others in this series. I specify it that way because, although I'm obviously not opposed to presenting negative reviews I try not to seek them out or set myself up for them (which is why I'm not reviewing this movie). So if you think you've got a good chance at getting some enjoyment out of the new movie and would like to give your thoughts afterward, positive or negative, I'd love to share them on the show!

    You can leave your thoughts here or e-mail them to me at paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)com.

    Thanks!


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    jorowi
    Admin

    Posts : 329
    Activity : 457
    Geek-Cred : 6
    Join date : 2013-02-26
    Age : 44
    Location : FEMA Region II

    Re: Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie?

    Post  jorowi on June 22nd 2017, 9:47 am

    Paeter wrote:It's a little late for this week's podcast ep., but I'd be interested in getting a written or audio review of the new transformers movie from someone who has enjoyed others in this series. I specify it that way because, although I'm obviously not opposed to presenting negative reviews I try not to seek them out or set myself up for them (which is why I'm not reviewing this movie). So if you think you've got a good chance at getting some enjoyment out of the new movie and would like to give your thoughts afterward, positive or negative, I'd love to share them on the show!

    You can leave your thoughts here or e-mail them to me at paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)com.

    Thanks!

    If you're talking about the original 1986 one, yeah. The latest ones are garbage.

    avatar
    AdamCollings

    Posts : 456
    Activity : 521
    Geek-Cred : 3
    Join date : 2013-12-10
    Age : 39
    Location : Tasmania, Australia

    Re: Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie?

    Post  AdamCollings on June 22nd 2017, 8:30 pm

    John, have you seen all the new ones? I saw the first three, but haven't seen the fourth (which introduced Grimlock.) I kinda had hopes from the trailer, that it might have been a little better than the first three, but haven't yet tested that theory.

    That 1986 movie also has a special place in my heart. It rocked my world as a kid. My wife bought it on DVD for my son a few years back. I nearly wet myself. It stood up pretty well, as much as a kid's cartoon can after you've grown up.
    avatar
    jorowi
    Admin

    Posts : 329
    Activity : 457
    Geek-Cred : 6
    Join date : 2013-02-26
    Age : 44
    Location : FEMA Region II

    Re: Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie?

    Post  jorowi on June 23rd 2017, 12:35 pm

    AdamCollings wrote:John, have you seen all the new ones? I saw the first three, but haven't seen the fourth…

    I stopped after the first three. I can't afford to lose any more brain cells.

    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 4212
    Activity : 6030
    Geek-Cred : 53
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 39
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie?

    Post  Paeter on June 23rd 2017, 12:38 pm

    AdamCollings wrote:John, have you seen all the new ones? I saw the first three, but haven't seen the fourth (which introduced Grimlock.) I kinda had hopes from the trailer, that it might have been a little better than the first three, but haven't yet tested that theory.

    That 1986 movie also has a special place in my heart. It rocked my world as a kid. My wife bought it on DVD for my son a few years back. I nearly wet myself. It stood up pretty well, as much as a kid's cartoon can after you've grown up.

    Yeah, I'm jumping on this rabbit trail...

    I own the soundtrack to that movie! "You got the touch... You got the powaaaaaaaaahhhhh! YEAH!"

    "Instruments of destructiooooon! Tools of fowl plaayyyyyyyy!"

    Years ago I had a bunch of songs from that movie on a workout CD. Nothing like guys musically screaming motivational phrases about how great or powerful you are to help you finish that final lap around the park.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    ComiKate

    Posts : 309
    Activity : 389
    Geek-Cred : 21
    Join date : 2012-07-01
    Location : Netherlands

    Re: Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie?

    Post  ComiKate on July 26th 2017, 11:33 am

    I enjoyed the first four well enough, although yes they are meant for 12 year old boys and no I am not one of those. I know they have some issues, some of which terrible, but frankly I don't care. It's entertaining enough for a one time watch.

    Haven't gotten round to watching the fifth yet though, I'm hoping it'll still be in theaters next week.
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 4212
    Activity : 6030
    Geek-Cred : 53
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 39
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie?

    Post  Paeter on July 27th 2017, 9:02 am

    ComiKate wrote:I enjoyed the first four well enough, although yes they are meant for 12 year old boys and no I am not one of those. I know they have some issues, some of which terrible, but frankly I don't care. It's entertaining enough for a one time watch.

    Haven't gotten round to watching the fifth yet though, I'm hoping it'll still be in theaters next week.

    Well if you'd like to share your thoughts it sounds like yours might be the kind of perspective I'm looking for!


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Sponsored content

    Re: Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is November 24th 2017, 6:05 am