The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

The Way God Made You

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6075
    Geek-Cred : 53

The Way God Made You

Post  Paeter on August 8th 2017, 9:57 am

The Holy Spirit seemed to be leading me to Psalm 139 this morning, and I think largely for someone specific that I know who I plan to call later on today. But it also seemed to be for you guys, too.

Many of us know the familiar phrase from v. 14: I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

Being "fearfully" made suggests that there is massive awe and mystery regarding how God made us. And I think the verses that follow maybe provide a little more clarity about part of what is so astounding in our formation:

v. 15-16 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

I noticed in these verses that as God formed us, it was in anticipation of the life he knew we would have.

The friend I'll be calling later was born into a situation that left him disadvantaged in life. Socially and emotionally he's just got some big things stacked against him. But I've also seen how God has used those things to uniquely equip and position him to be a blessing to others. So I just wanted to pass that on to all of you guys. We may not see how right now, but God has a way of taking the crappy situations we're born into and making something beautiful out of them, building us in advance with our futures in mind.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings

Activity : 549
    Geek-Cred : 3

Re: The Way God Made You

Post  AdamCollings on August 9th 2017, 7:08 pm

Thanks for sharing this Peater.
    My son is autistic and ADHD. This means he can be a handful, and I fear I sometimes give him the message that his uniqueness is an inconvenience or frustration to me.
    The other day he was sharing with me, how he feels hurt that some children don't want to play with him, or are actively cruel to him, because of his autism. He said "I wish I didn't have autism." What a blessing that he is willing to open up to me and share this stuff.
    I tried to explain to him that his autism is also the cause of some of his positive traits. Many people actually really like him because of his quirky sense of humour, and off-beat nature. He's wired differently, and this can be endearing.

My challenge is to help him understand that God can use all aspects of who he is, even those that he considers negative, to do something unique and special in this world.
    The first step is reminding myself of this when I get frustrated with him.

I think God's just really spoken to me through you Peater.
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6075
    Geek-Cred : 53

Post  Paeter on August 11th 2017, 12:19 pm

Thanks for sharing that. I think the Spirit turned right around and spoke to me too with your response!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is December 11th 2017, 3:52 pm