The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Praise Points

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6525
    Geek-Cred : 56

Re: Praise Points

Post  Paeter on June 1st 2018, 7:55 am

That's awesome, Adam. So glad for you guys.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6525
    Geek-Cred : 56

Re: Praise Points

Post  Paeter on June 4th 2018, 11:36 am

Had a live stream in my office on Saturday. Not the internet kind. The kind where water streams down through your ceiling from an unknown source.

So yeah, I stressed out for a bit, made some emergency phone calls, ran around the house turning things off and looking for the source.

What I noticed, to my shame, was my lack of both trust and gratitude in the midst of that.

Today, during my devotional time, I arrived at Psalm 95 as a part of my personal reading through the Psalms. In my journal I wrote:

On Saturday night a leak broke through my office ceiling and we spent the rest of the night problem-solving and stressing over it (me more than Holly, of course). It was not the plumbing as we feared and the water stopped dripping a couple hours later. But the unknown of the cause and how long or bad it might be put me quickly into thankless stress. And yet, God has taken such good care of me throughout my life. I have been spared so much tragedy, and yet the slightest upset leads me to fear the worst will happen.

Psalm 95:7b-11 warns me not to harden my heart like Israel did at Massah. And the way Israel specifically hardened their hearts there was because they feared their needs would not be provided for by God. My fear is not mere vulnerability, but a lack of trust in God's character.

Yahweh, let me hear your voice today, and in the middle of troubles that come, without hardening my heart through fear and anxiety.

On top of that, my wife told me that, while I stayed home to receive a delivery and hopefully hear from from the water damage service company, our Pastor preached on Psalm 95, and on the idea of entering into God's rest. A key component to entering that rest, he said, is an attitude of thankfulness. Remembering who God is and what he has done, as Israel failed to do and experienced anxiety as a result. (Psalm 95:9-10)

I could focus on the mental list of concerns I still have about this situation. But I thought it would be good for me to come to this thread and express some praise and thankfulness to Yahweh and "tell of his salvation from day to day" as I see underlined in the upcoming Psalm 96.

Thank you, Yahweh, that this happened over the weekend when we had more time to address it.

Thank you, Yahweh, for our new neighbor, a fellow believer who owns a service company and generously put us in touch with his emergency services without the usual emergency visitation fee.

Thank you, Yahweh, that nothing in my office was damaged, that the leak died down quickly, and that it is not due to a random plumbing leak but something more fixable and preventable in the future.

Thank you, Yahweh, that this all happened before my busy week with E3 and out of town guests.

You are so much more gentle with me than my jaded mind considers. You are good and worthy of my trust.

Thank you for your timing of our pastor's teaching, for the Psalms, and for the example of trust in you from people who had a much harder life than me.

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is August 14th 2018, 2:40 pm