The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

An Entertainment Risk That Paid Off

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6081
    Geek-Cred : 53

An Entertainment Risk That Paid Off

Post  Paeter on September 25th 2017, 8:11 am

I find myself really in the mood for a particular kind of game but my options for that type has pretty much dried up. So I'm wondering if its time once again to take a risk and try out a game that I'll either really enjoy or regret purchasing. Which makes me think about times in the past where I gambled on something I had a chance of hating only to find I really enjoyed the experience:

Gail Simone's "Batgirl" run
    Bioshock
    Shadow Hearts
    Breaking Bad

What entertainment "risks" have you taken that ended up really paying off for you?

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 803
    Geek-Cred : 39

Re: An Entertainment Risk That Paid Off

Post  mindspike on September 25th 2017, 8:16 pm

I once hear a podcaster talking about this little homemade audio drama called "Spear-It, Blaide!" I'm always up for stories about gangstas wielding spears, so..... boy was that completely not what I expected! Pretty good, though. You guys should check it out!

Also, I added The Gamers: Dorkness Rising to my Netflix queue expecting it to be a low-brow mockery of my favorite hobby. It has become one of my favorite movies ever for its loving send up of the gaming hobby. I've gone on to enjoy many other Dead Gentlemen productions.

Opposing Forces powered by Fate!
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6081
    Geek-Cred : 53

Post  Paeter on September 26th 2017, 9:32 am

mindspike wrote:I once hear a podcaster talking about this little homemade audio drama called "Spear-It, Blaide!" I'm always up for stories about gangstas wielding spears, so..... boy was that completely not what I expected! Pretty good, though. You guys should check it out!

Also, I added The Gamers: Dorkness Rising to my Netflix queue expecting it to be a low-brow mockery of my favorite hobby. It has become one of my favorite movies ever for its loving send up of the gaming hobby. I've gone on to enjoy many other Dead Gentlemen productions.

Gangstas wielding spears. I KNEW there was untapped potential in those scripts. Oh well. Maybe someday in the "Ultimate Re-Edited Re-Recorded This Time I Really Mean The Last" Edition.

I've seen Dorkness Rising but have always given it a pass. Back on my radar now, though! Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is December 15th 2017, 3:30 am