The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Something You "Rediscovered" Or Enjoyed More The Second Time

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6081
    Geek-Cred : 53

Something You "Rediscovered" Or Enjoyed More The Second Time

Post  Paeter on October 9th 2017, 12:27 pm

Been in between games that are really igniting my excitement for a little while and re-installed "Sacred 2: Fallen Angel" over the weekend. Choppy frame rate and potentially repetitious. But holy crap, WOW.

Don't know what happened, but it just came to life for me over the weekend. I started understanding more of how the skill tree and looting/crafting systems work and that just fired me up for that progression loop. And unlike many modern Diablo clones, this one is a VAST open world instead of broken up areas, and also involves combat with fewer enemies that individually pack punch, rather than an almost RTS-like "swarm" of enemies in each combat situation. SO cool. It reminds me of Two Worlds a bit in that it's definitely rough around the edges but has game play I really enjoy.

And it only took putting it down for 2-3 years to fall in love with it!

So can you think of anything you tried and put down for a long time, only to discover you LOVED it when you tried it again years later? What do you love about it that you didn't see or appreciate the first time?

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is December 15th 2017, 3:32 am