The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Back from my Cruise

AdamCollings

Activity : 782
    Geek-Cred : 3

Back from my Cruise

Post  AdamCollings on November 16th 2017, 5:18 am

Hi All.
    I'm back from my cruise to New Caledonia.

Linda and I had an amazing time. Biggest adventure of my life.

If anyone is interested in sharing the experience with me, I've started putting together my cruise vlog. First two episodes have gone live.

Had some surprisingly spiritual moments. The first couple of days, the kids were really getting on our nerves. My daughter was refusing to go to the kids club because she was way too shy. My son lost his glasses. We're in our room screaming at each other. My wife shooshed everyone and said "I think we're having a spiritual attack of sorts. We prayed together as a family and confessed some stuff. Through this experience I had a real change of attitude toward some things. We chose to make the most of the cruise and not let problems steal away our joy. We made some incredible memories with our kids, and learned a lot about another crountry.

Another special moment happened on the Isle of Pines. New Caledonia is mainly a catholic nation. There was a special monument where the first missionaries landed. It was built like a traditional hut, which has representations of the chiefs around the circle, with the pole in the centre representing the high chief. In this monument, in the middle, they had a statue of Jesus, symbolising that Jesus was now at the centre of their community. When they converted to Christianity, they left behind polygamy and canabalism. I found it refreshing to hear a story dripping with Christian symbolism like that. It touched me.

Anyway, you'll get to see what I'm talking about in an upcoming episode.

Looking forward to catching up with the SBU podcast now that I'm home.
    AdamCollings

Activity : 782
    Geek-Cred : 3

Re: Back from my Cruise

Post  AdamCollings on November 16th 2017, 5:25 am

Actually, there was another lesson for me.

The kids were both having high levels of anxiety about stuff. We were in an unfamiliar situation so they both got overwhelmed. They'd worry intensely about things that they didn't need to be concerned with. Grown-up concerns. Worrying about checking in to the ship on time, worrying about paying for stuff. I had this stuff well in hand so I wasn't worried. I kept saying to the kids "For goodness sake. You don't need to worry about those things. Let Mum and I handle that. Just trust us."

Then I had this realisation.

I do exactly the same with with God. The things I worry about are so insignificant to God. He can handle them with no effort. He just asks me to trust him. But, just like the kids, I hold tightly on to those foolish worries. I got a tiny glimpse of what that looks like from God's perspective.
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6489
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on November 16th 2017, 9:34 am

Dude, this is great stuff! Loved seeing your family having fun! Thanks for all the work you're doing to share your trip with us!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is July 21st 2018, 1:53 pm