The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Darkseid Originally in Justice League (Spoilers)

Reed Benson

Activity : 235
    Geek-Cred : 0

Darkseid Originally in Justice League (Spoilers)

Post  Reed Benson on December 3rd 2017, 8:57 pm

Kevin Smith says he saw an early cut of the Justice League film that featured Darkseid tempting Superman, and it made him angry that it was cut from the final version.

“Superman joins the fight and teams up with the League to defeat Steppenwolf, however, at one point, Steppenwolf tries to tempt Superman into joining his army, ready for this,” Smith said on his Fatman on Batman podcast. “This made me so f**king angry, and we see Darkseid for the first time in Superman’s vision and we see flashes of the nightmare footage that Batman had in Batman v Superman, however, Superman snaps back out of it and delivers the final blow to defeat Steppenwolf.”

https://www.cbr.com/darkseid-justice-league-kevin-smith/

Another person who saw the same cut said that Darkseid didn't look totally finished, meaning he was probably all CG like Steppenwolf.
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6081
    Geek-Cred : 53

Re: Darkseid Originally in Justice League (Spoilers)

Post  Paeter on December 4th 2017, 10:21 am

Reed Benson wrote:Kevin Smith says he saw an early cut of the Justice League film that featured Darkseid tempting Superman, and it made him angry that it was cut from the final version.

“Superman joins the fight and teams up with the League to defeat Steppenwolf, however, at one point, Steppenwolf tries to tempt Superman into joining his army, ready for this,” Smith said on his Fatman on Batman podcast. “This made me so f**king angry, and we see Darkseid for the first time in Superman’s vision and we see flashes of the nightmare footage that Batman had in Batman v Superman, however, Superman snaps back out of it and delivers the final blow to defeat Steppenwolf.”

https://www.cbr.com/darkseid-justice-league-kevin-smith/

Another person who saw the same cut said that Darkseid didn't look totally finished, meaning he was probably all CG like Steppenwolf.

Oh man this would have been cool!

When Superman came back all angry and out of control I thought that was fertile ground for tapping into the Elseworlds story about Kal-El being raised on Apocalypse instead of earth. (Or was that not an Elseworlds and he was brainwashed for a bit? Can't remember. Winston? Help?) I wonder if this scene would have connected in any way to the way Superman woke up.

Geez, just makes me want an extended cut even more!

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 803
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike on December 4th 2017, 11:05 am

Paeter wrote:When Superman came back all angry and out of control I thought that was fertile ground for tapping into the Elseworlds story about Kal-El being raised on Apocalypse instead of earth. (Or was that not an Elseworlds and he was brainwashed for a bit? Can't remember. Winston? Help?)

Laughing Geek Historian is a role I love!

You are most likely thinking of the climactic episode of Superman: the Animated Series. Darkseid kidnaps and brainwashes Superman and then uses him to lead an invasion of Earth. The two-part episode is entitled "Legacy" cliffhangs at the midpoint in a battle between Superman and Supergirl and ends with Superman nearly beating Darkseid to death. When he presents Darkseid's broken body to the citizens of Apokolips in an attempt to show them they are free from tyranny, they take Darkseid away to be cared for, stating, "He is our god." The episode aired in 2000.

In 1987, John Byrne wrote "The Champion" in Action Comics #586 as part of the Legends crossover event. In it, Darkseid brainwashes Superman but Orion frees him with his mother box.

In 1998, DC published an Elseworlds book where infant Kal-El actually lands on Apokolips. He dons a Nazi-esque suit of armor and helps Darkseid conquer the universe. He eventually rebels and leads the New Gods.

Opposing Forces powered by Fate!
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6081
    Geek-Cred : 53

Post  Paeter on December 5th 2017, 8:31 am

Yep! It was that Elseworlds book I was thinking of! Definitely knew about the Animated Series story, though! Thanks so much, Winston! Knew you'd have the answer!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is December 15th 2017, 3:25 am