The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

A Few Related Requests

Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

A Few Related Requests

Post  Reed Benson on January 11th 2018, 10:04 pm

I'd appreciate prayers for my family now because it's going to get bigger. My wife is almost 11 weeks pregnant with our first child, which is due this summer. This is very important to her because her family has been pushing her to get married and have a baby for years, going back to before we met. (It's an unfortunate paradigm in Chinese society that women are wasting their lives if they don't have kids.)

So pray for a healthy pregnancy and all that, but also...we really need to move. Our apartment is not big enough for three people. We can probably get by for a few months when the baby is nursing and needs to be close all the time, but as he/she gets older, space will be a necessity. Also, I need more money to support the child, but to get more money, I need more classes, and to get more classes, I need to live closer than 1.5 hours from my school.

THE PROBLEM: We don't have a title for our apartment. No one in our complex does. Long story. The people have been petitioning the local government to get them, but it seems to be fruitless at the moment. Without the title, I don't think we can sell the place.

My boss has mentioned possibly paying for us to move closer so he can give me more classes. I'm afraid to press him on that because I don't feel like I deserve it, but it's a lovely dream.

So pray that God's will would be done for and through our family, whatever it may mean.
    AdamCollings

Activity : 807
    Geek-Cred : 3

Re: A Few Related Requests

Post  AdamCollings on January 11th 2018, 10:09 pm

First of all - Congratulations on your pending child!!!!!!!!!!

I will be praying for God's provision along with his peace.
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 649
    Geek-Cred : 6

Post  jorowi on January 12th 2018, 8:12 am

Congrats, Reed! Your life will never be the same! Praying for health, peace, favor, & provision.

Twitter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6525
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on January 12th 2018, 9:54 am

Congratulations! Praying for you guys and the future home of your family!

www.spiritblade.com
    Reed Benson

Post  Reed Benson on March 20th 2018, 10:33 pm

A little update: We're planning on moving across town around the end of next month (April). My wife will quit her job, and I will take up a full-time schedule at my school. This has a double benefit because not only will i make a higher salary (to make up for the loss of my wife's), but the school will also pay for our apartment.

And since we can't sell our current apartment, we're likely going to rent it out to a teacher at my wife's current school. So there's a little more income.

Moving is stressful, as you all probably know, and my germaphobia is probably going to go on high alert. I'll let you guys know when we start the process, and you can pray as you feel led.
    AdamCollings

Activity : 807
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  AdamCollings on March 20th 2018, 11:58 pm

Congratulations Reed. Sounds like God is pulling all things together for you Smile
    Will definitely pray for you during your move. I know how stressful it can be even without the germ issue.
    Exciting times.
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on March 21st 2018, 10:07 am

Exciting news! Cool to see what God is doing in your situation!

And yes, please keep us posted so we can specifically and strategically pray for you guys!

www.spiritblade.com
    Reed Benson

Post  Reed Benson on April 28th 2018, 8:07 pm

UPDATE: I forgot to announce the moving day on here, but we've mostly moved into the new apartment. We still have stuff at the old apartment to get, and we need to get it cleaned up for the tenant we're expecting in June. Meanwhile, we still have a lot of cleaning and some repairs to do in the new one. I won't bore you with a list of all that needs done, but it's been overwhelming me to the point of paralyzation. Annoyingly, the Internet here is only 3G, yet it's more expensive than the 20M we have at the old place.

So if you want to pray for us, ask that we can get settled and find peace here, even with all the work and all the things we have to get used to.

I thank God that I will now have an infinitely easier commute (on foot!) to and from work. I thank him that we now live close to many of our friends and will be able to spend time and fellowship with people more often. I thank him for all the stores and restaurants in the area so we can eat while we get things up and running in the apartment. And even if things are stressing me out, he is still good.
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on April 30th 2018, 11:17 am

So good to hear! Thanks for the update!

Praising God for all those blessings and your ability to see them. Also asking him for strength and help as you move forward!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is August 14th 2018, 10:57 am