The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

How Has Your Local Church Blessed You?

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6489
    Geek-Cred : 56

How Has Your Local Church Blessed You?

Post  Paeter on January 17th 2018, 12:23 pm

Our church is reading through the book of Proverbs together, and it reminded me of how I've been considering taking our "In Search Of Truth" segment to Proverbs after finishing Ephesians. It's something I've been considering for a long time now, and as we start to see the end of Ephesians coming, this communal journey through Proverbs at my church seems like a good opportunity to get an overview of Proverbs before taking a deep dive into it.

Before doing Ephesians, something similar happened. I was considering Ephesians, even though I wasn't sure it fell next in our chronological journey through the New Testament. Then at a college retreat I served at the pastor taught from Ephesians 1, which reminded me again how vital this book is for Geeks because of its emphasis on identity. Then I later discovered that Ephesians actually DID come next in the chronology of New Testament books.

In a number of other smaller ways too, my local church has helped equip and lead me as I endeavor to teach and lead in our little community here. I'm so grateful and amazed at how God has orchestrated the timing of so many things in my local church to sync up with situations and needs in the ministry of Christian Geek Central. Not to mention the countless ways I have been encouraged and challenged in life-giving ways by individuals and general teaching.

I'm curious what comes to mind as you think about YOUR local church ans how it has blessed you.

Any thoughts?

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 640
    Geek-Cred : 6

Re: How Has Your Local Church Blessed You?

Post  jorowi on January 19th 2018, 7:56 am

I'm leading a study through Proverbs right now. We've gone through the first 10 chapters. I'm happy to contribute. I've read through the book dozens of times.

Twitter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on January 19th 2018, 9:58 am

jorowi wrote:I'm leading a study through Proverbs right now. We've gone through the first 10 chapters. I'm happy to contribute. I've read through the book dozens of times.

Yeah, I've been thinking about you, John, as I consider Proverbs for the near future. I'll probably be in touch at some point. Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com
    Archsaint

Activity : 35
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Archsaint on January 26th 2018, 10:14 am

It’s always a blessing when you’re thinking about doing something for the Lord and then all of a sudden things line up, almost like a confirmation to go forward. Praise God that your local church has been so helpful. Smile Not all Christians have a good church to equip them, or a local church at all. What’s a blessing nowadays is that the internet can help those Christians that lack believers in their communities.

For me, it’s not so much the preaching, because I listen to preaching throughout the week. Although there have been several times when the pastor mentioned something specific that was on my mind. It’s the fellowship, knowing people care about you and are praying for you. And it’s encouraging to stay in the fight when you see other brethren fighting on a weekly basis. They’re also very helpful, especially the women, who are willing to cook and host events for people without expecting anything in return. My wife is from the Philippines, so when she came here roughly three years ago she didn’t know anyone except for me, and the women of the church were quick to befriend her. So that’s just a few ways my local church has been a blessing to me. Smile
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on January 26th 2018, 10:35 am

Archsaint wrote: It’s the fellowship, knowing people care about you and are praying for you. And it’s encouraging to stay in the fight when you see other brethren fighting on a weekly basis. They’re also very helpful, especially the women, who are willing to cook and host events for people without expecting anything in return. My wife is from the Philippines, so when she came here roughly three years ago she didn’t know anyone except for me, and the women of the church were quick to befriend her. So that’s just a few ways my local church has been a blessing to me. Smile

That's awesome. When a local church not only understands grace but then lives it out in relationships, that's so powerful and so needed today.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is July 21st 2018, 2:00 pm