The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central


    Spirit Blade Trilogy Release Dates?

    Share
    avatar
    Reed Benson

    Posts : 313
    Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1
    Join date : 2016-09-13
    Age : 35
    Location : China

    Spirit Blade Trilogy Release Dates?

    Post  Reed Benson on January 22nd 2018, 3:33 am

    Quick question...can anyone give the the release years for each of the Spirit Blade Special Editions? I'm organizing some stuff on my hard drive. I know the Legacy Editions' dates, but the only Special Edition I'm sure of is A World of Shadows (because I know it was released at the same time as the Legacy Edition).

    Thanks.
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 4580
    Activity : 6525
    Geek-Cred : 56
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 40
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Spirit Blade Trilogy Release Dates?

    Post  Paeter on January 22nd 2018, 10:45 am

    Reed Benson wrote:Quick question...can anyone give the the release years for each of the Spirit Blade Special Editions? I'm organizing some stuff on my hard drive. I know the Legacy Editions' dates, but the only Special Edition I'm sure of is A World of Shadows (because I know it was released at the same time as the Legacy Edition).

    Thanks.
    Ah, let's reminisce about my life a bit...


    Spirit Blade- 2006
    Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual- 2008
    Spirit Blade (Special Edition)- 2010

    Then all in 2016:
    Spirit Blade (Legacy Edition)
    Spirit Blade: A World Of Shadows (Special Edition)
    Spirit Blade: A World Of Shadows (Legacy Edition)
    Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual (Legacy Edition)
    &
    Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual re-branded as "Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual (Special Edition)" (Same product, just a new label inserted in the CD case)


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    Reed Benson

    Posts : 313
    Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1
    Join date : 2016-09-13
    Age : 35
    Location : China

    Re: Spirit Blade Trilogy Release Dates?

    Post  Reed Benson on January 22nd 2018, 7:24 pm

    Thank you, sir!
    avatar
    Reed Benson

    Posts : 313
    Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1
    Join date : 2016-09-13
    Age : 35
    Location : China

    Re: Spirit Blade Trilogy Release Dates?

    Post  Reed Benson on January 23rd 2018, 5:08 am

    Paeter wrote:
    Spirit Blade- 2006
    Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual- 2008
    Spirit Blade (Special Edition)- 2010

    Then all in 2016:
    Spirit Blade (Legacy Edition)
    Spirit Blade: A World Of Shadows (Special Edition)
    Spirit Blade: A World Of Shadows (Legacy Edition)
    Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual (Legacy Edition)
    &
    Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual re-branded as "Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual (Special Edition)" (Same product, just a new label inserted in the CD case)

    Wait, so what's the difference between "Spirit Blade" and "Spirit Blade (Special Edition)"?
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 4580
    Activity : 6525
    Geek-Cred : 56
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 40
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Spirit Blade Trilogy Release Dates?

    Post  Paeter on January 23rd 2018, 9:13 am

    Reed Benson wrote:
    Paeter wrote:
    Spirit Blade- 2006
    Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual- 2008
    Spirit Blade (Special Edition)- 2010

    Then all in 2016:
    Spirit Blade (Legacy Edition)
    Spirit Blade: A World Of Shadows (Special Edition)
    Spirit Blade: A World Of Shadows (Legacy Edition)
    Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual (Legacy Edition)
    &
    Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual re-branded as "Spirit Blade: Dark Ritual (Special Edition)" (Same product, just a new label inserted in the CD case)

    Wait, so what's the difference between "Spirit Blade" and "Spirit Blade (Special Edition)"?

    Spirit Blade: Special Edition isn't absolute crap. lol!

    I learned SO much while producing Dark Ritual that I realized I needed to go back and do a complete re-mix of the original Spirit Blade. Scenes, songs, everything re-done (except the actor recordings) from the ground up. It's been years since the original mix has been available for sale (although I saw it once second hand on amazon). If it were up to me no one would ever hear a second of that version ever again. I'm indebted to everyone who still bought Dark Ritual after purchasing and hearing that original mix.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    Reed Benson

    Posts : 313
    Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1
    Join date : 2016-09-13
    Age : 35
    Location : China

    Re: Spirit Blade Trilogy Release Dates?

    Post  Reed Benson on January 24th 2018, 4:24 am

    Paeter wrote:Spirit Blade: Special Edition isn't absolute crap. lol!

    I learned SO much while producing Dark Ritual that I realized I needed to go back and do a complete re-mix of the original Spirit Blade. Scenes, songs, everything re-done (except the actor recordings) from the ground up. It's been years since the original mix has been available for sale (although I saw it once second hand on amazon). If it were up to me no one would ever hear a second of that version ever again. I'm indebted to everyone who still bought Dark Ritual after purchasing and hearing that original mix.

    Ah, sounds like you can sympathize with George Lucas in some respects.
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 4580
    Activity : 6525
    Geek-Cred : 56
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 40
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Spirit Blade Trilogy Release Dates?

    Post  Paeter on January 24th 2018, 11:09 am

    Reed Benson wrote:
    Paeter wrote:Spirit Blade: Special Edition isn't absolute crap. lol!

    I learned SO much while producing Dark Ritual that I realized I needed to go back and do a complete re-mix of the original Spirit Blade. Scenes, songs, everything re-done (except the actor recordings) from the ground up. It's been years since the original mix has been available for sale (although I saw it once second hand on amazon). If it were up to me no one would ever hear a second of that version ever again. I'm indebted to everyone who still bought Dark Ritual after purchasing and hearing that original mix.

    Ah, sounds like you can sympathize with George Lucas in some respects.

    In a rare few respects, yeah. But despite feeling good about making those changes, I know at least one listener who actually preferred a few things from the original that were changed in the Special Edition. (Another parallel with Lucas.) Mainly that the song "Fly" originally came right after Merikk explosively wakes up from his little "coma" rather than after the fight with the Nephilim, as it lands in the Special Edition.

    But rest assured, with the Legacy editions out I have closed the door on any further mucking around with that trilogy. Onward and upward (with an announcement coming soon in that regard)!


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Sponsored content

    Re: Spirit Blade Trilogy Release Dates?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is August 14th 2018, 10:55 am