The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Greetings!

Archsaint

Activity : 35
    Geek-Cred : 0

Greetings!

Post  Archsaint on January 24th 2018, 1:37 pm

Hey everyone, I finally got around to registering on these forums. The discussions on this site are definitely to my liking. So thought I would post in the introduction section and say hello. Smile I’ve already met a few of you guys through YouTube, Extra Life and Twitch. I have a channel (see below). Looking forward to joining in on some conversations and hopefully be a blessing here!
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 683
    Geek-Cred : 6

Re: Greetings!

Post  jorowi on January 24th 2018, 2:41 pm

Welcome!

Twitter
    AdamCollings

Activity : 859

Post  AdamCollings on January 24th 2018, 6:15 pm

Hi Archsaint. Welcome.
    What are your geeky pleasures?
    Archsaint

Post  Archsaint on January 24th 2018, 10:39 pm

Thanks all!

AdamCollings wrote:
    What are your geeky pleasures?

Oh, well I’m into PC gaming and enjoy fantasy/science fiction. I’m a writer (sci-fi genre), though I don’t have anything published yet.
    Also into movies, Pathfinder, anime, graphic novels, etc. Btw, thanks for the sub man! Very Happy
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6648
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on January 25th 2018, 9:03 am

Archsaint! Welcome! Awesome to see you here!

What kind of games are you playing these days?

www.spiritblade.com
    Archsaint

Post  Archsaint on January 25th 2018, 10:57 am

Paeter wrote:Archsaint! Welcome! Awesome to see you here!

What kind of games are you playing these days?

Hey Paeter, thanks!

Currently playing Sleeping Dogs, which is a huge open world game like GTA, only set in Hong Kong. You play as an undercover police officer, so when you commit crimes… it’s kind of ok? Heh. It has really great martial arts fighting, grabs, counters and you can finish people with the environment. I recently did a first impressions video for it on my channel. I know you’re into open world games, so you might like it. I’m also enjoying the story so far.

Aside from that, just trying to finish my Dark Souls II play through. Computer was overheating awhile back so, I couldn’t render any videos. Praise God that it’s working fine now. Have to get back in the groove. Smile
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6648
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on January 26th 2018, 10:16 am

Archsaint wrote:

Currently playing Sleeping Dogs, which is a huge open world game like GTA, only set in Hong Kong. You play as an undercover police officer, so when you commit crimes… it’s kind of ok? Heh. It has really great martial arts fighting, grabs, counters and you can finish people with the environment. I recently did a first impressions video for it on my channel. I know you’re into open world games, so you might like it. I’m also enjoying the story so far.

Sleeping Dogs, Woohoo!

I'm actually more than halfway through this game, I think. Love the combat (at least the hand-to-hand) and the open world. I eventually put it down because of some story missions that were too restrictive (timed missions of one kind or another). But dang I had a lot of fun in that world until that point! Cool story concept, too! (I think they are actually making a movie of it!) It's also on sale for $12 on the PSN store right now for anyone curious!

Have you played Watchdogs 1 or 2? I've been playing the second one over the last year and it has really grown on me! Not always in the mood for the "puzzley" nature of some missions, but most are easy enough and it's another fun urban open world to play in. (The taxi missions have been a fun, easy way to build up XP and cash.)

www.spiritblade.com
    Archsaint

Post  Archsaint on January 26th 2018, 11:07 am

Paeter wrote:
    Sleeping Dogs, Woohoo!

I'm actually more than halfway through this game, I think. Love the combat (at least the hand-to-hand) and the open world. I eventually put it down because of some story missions that were too restrictive (timed missions of one kind or another). But dang I had a lot of fun in that world until that point! Cool story concept, too! (I think they are actually making a movie of it!)

Oh cool, you’ve played it! Very Happy Yeah it’s really good. I’m surprised that it’s not more popular; kind of a hidden gem. Thought you’d like the fighting too, as they give plenty of time to counter attacks. Haven’t had much problems with the timed missions though. I’d definitely check out the movie if they made one!

Paeter wrote:
    Have you played Watchdogs 1 or 2? I've been playing the second one over the last year and it has really grown on me! Not always in the mood for the "puzzley" nature of some missions, but most are easy enough and it's another fun urban open world to play in. (The taxi missions have been a fun, easy way to build up XP and cash.)

Haven’t checked out Watchdogs, watched some vids on it though. I guess the appeal is that it’s like GTA but you can hack the world with your cell phone? Heh. I personally don’t like Ubisoft because of their business practices (heavy microtransactions and Season Pass stuff), but awhile back they gave away Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag and World in Conflict for free, you just needed a Uplay account. I grabbed them all. Kind of makes me like them a little more.
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings on January 28th 2018, 5:25 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Sleeping Dogs, Woohoo!

I've also started playing it (because I saw it on your "games I'm stuck on" stream.) Got stuck early on because of a glitch where I had to speak to someone, and it wouldn't let me talk to him (speech bubble wouldn't show up). And then I just got too busy to play games.

I'll definitely come back to it when I have some time.
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings on January 28th 2018, 5:27 pm

Archsaint wrote:Oh, well I’m into PC gaming and enjoy fantasy/science fiction. I’m a writer (sci-fi genre), though I don’t have anything published yet.
    Also into movies, Pathfinder, anime, graphic novels, etc. Btw, thanks for the sub man! Very Happy

Cool. There's a few of us here that are writers. I do a mix of space opera and superhero. (with a little fantasy thrown in here and there)
    Archsaint

Post  Archsaint on January 29th 2018, 8:08 pm

AdamCollings wrote:Cool. There's a few of us here that are writers. I do a mix of space opera and superhero. (with a little fantasy thrown in here and there)

Awesome, it would be nice to bounce ideas off each other sometime.
    I’m guessing that the Brain Storm Shelter is the place to talk about creative writing around here, eh?
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings on January 30th 2018, 5:45 pm

Archsaint wrote:Awesome, it would be nice to bounce ideas off each other sometime.
    I’m guessing that the Brain Storm Shelter is the place to talk about creative writing around here, eh?

Yep. That would be the place. Smile Bounce away Basketball

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is November 16th 2018, 12:36 am