The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Maze Runner: The Death Cure Initial Reaction

jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 640
    Geek-Cred : 6

Maze Runner: The Death Cure Initial Reaction

Post  jorowi on January 31st 2018, 11:34 am

While waiting to pick up my daughter from the theater last night I started recording an episode of my top-of-mind podcast, 10 the Podcast.

In the middle of the recording my daughter came out and I asked her if she wanted to give an initial reaction to Maze Runner: The Death Cure.

So, here's my daughter's official podcast debut!

https://www.strugglingforpurpose.com/80s-arcades-and-maze-runner-the-death-cure-initial-reaction/

She's been in previous episodes of The Wired Homeschool and Jesus Geek but this is the first "sit down and record your thoughts in a podcast" appearance.

She also suggested (after the recording was done) that we might do some daddy/daughter movie reviews. I might take her up on that.

Twitter
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Re: Maze Runner: The Death Cure Initial Reaction

Post  Reed Benson on January 31st 2018, 10:11 pm

This is really great! For some reason, I always assumed your kids were a lot younger, but you daughter sounds like a teenager. I haven't seen the movie, but it sounds like she has some good insights. I would totally listen to a daddy/daughter movie review podcast, even for movies I don't want to see.
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson on January 31st 2018, 10:19 pm

Also, I liked hearing about the old arcades. I got to go to a throwback arcade in Springfield, Missouri, a while ago, and it really was like an interactive museum. They're system was a five dollar cover charge to play all the games you wanted except for the pinball machines. Those cost quarters. Now I wish I could go back there. The arcades in China have a ¥30 RMB minimum (about $4.76 USD) to get tokens, and most of the games cost ¥3 or ¥4 RMB each. Never found a throwback arcade; not sure that they even had those games from the 80's and 90's.
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 640
    Geek-Cred : 6

Post  jorowi on February 1st 2018, 10:08 am

Reed Benson wrote:This is really great! For some reason, I always assumed your kids were a lot younger, but you daughter sounds like a teenager. I haven't seen the movie, but it sounds like she has some good insights. I would totally listen to a daddy/daughter movie review podcast, even for movies I don't want to see.

I have 7 kids. My oldest is 23 and his first child is due any day now. My youngest is 10. I currently have 4, count them, 4 teenagers!

Twitter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6489
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on February 1st 2018, 10:38 am

jorowi wrote:While waiting to pick up my daughter from the theater last night I started recording an episode of my top-of-mind podcast, 10 the Podcast.

In the middle of the recording my daughter came out and I asked her if she wanted to give an initial reaction to Maze Runner: The Death Cure.

So, here's my daughter's official podcast debut!

https://www.strugglingforpurpose.com/80s-arcades-and-maze-runner-the-death-cure-initial-reaction/

Sweet! I'll plug this in the Spirit Blade Underground podcast for those who were disappointed that I ended up skipping it.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings

Activity : 782
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  AdamCollings on February 1st 2018, 5:25 pm

jorowi wrote:I have 7 kids. My oldest is 23 and his first child is due any day now. My youngest is 10. I currently have 4, count them, 4 teenagers!

7 kids. Wow. I salute you, sir.

After our first we decided "Yeah, we can handle another." After our second, we were like "Yep. We're done."
    Of course, the fact our second had special needs made have contributed to that, lol.
    AdamCollings

Activity : 782
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  AdamCollings on February 1st 2018, 5:45 pm

That was a cool podcast. Your daughter did a great job with her review, especially since it was all off-the-cuff. I think that a father/daughter arrangement would be a really fun dynamic for a review podcast.

I enjoyed the first Maze Runner movie (haven't read the books). The concept of the maze they were trapped in, the mystery with it all, and the monsters, was all quite compelling.
    The second movie had none of that and felt like just another dystopian war story, so I felt pretty let down.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is July 21st 2018, 2:17 pm