The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Fear of germs and sickness

Reed Benson

Activity : 318
    Geek-Cred : 1

Fear of germs and sickness

Post  Reed Benson on February 12th 2018, 5:51 am

Hey, guys, I've recently sunk to a major low in regards to my probably-irrational fear of germs and diseases. My wife has had cold-like symptoms (probably related to her pregnancy and not contagious), and my fear of catching it have led to some conflict. I've had vertigo before, so I'm more afraid of catching a cold than I used to be because it could lead to that happening again.

Even worse is the conflict we had over her desire to eat meat. You see, I'm more afraid of food poisoning than anything, so we never eat meat at home. But she really likes delicious food, and she wants to eat meat often. She never has stomach problems, so she doesn't worry about things like that. She bought some raw meat today, and the bag it was in (just a regular plastic bag, not even tied up) touched the bags that held the vegetables we also bought. She still put the bags in the fridge and prepared her meat dish. Now I'm afraid to touch anything in our little kitchen, much less eat with it. I didn't eat anything but crackers and a banana for lunch, and that seems to be what I'm doing for dinner, to. She got very frustrated with me and yelled at me but apologized for it later.

So we just have a lot of discord right now between her strong desire to eat delicious food (one of her most favorite things in life) and my desire to eat the same meatless things all the time out of safety.

I talked to a friend in town on the phone for over an hour about it. It helped, but I'm still afraid. If you could pray for God to...I don't know, make me not afraid or something, that would be great.
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6195
    Geek-Cred : 56

Re: Fear of germs and sickness

Post  Paeter on February 13th 2018, 12:24 pm

Man, that sounds tough. I am certainly praying for God to help you both sort through what you're thinking and feeling, and to love each other well as you honor God.

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 529
    Geek-Cred : 6

Post  jorowi on February 13th 2018, 3:48 pm

Praying for peace of mind and patience.

Twitter

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content