The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central


    Marvel characters as Green Lanterns

    Share
    avatar
    Reed Benson

    Posts : 313
    Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1
    Join date : 2016-09-13
    Age : 35
    Location : China

    Marvel characters as Green Lanterns

    Post  Reed Benson on February 12th 2018, 5:59 am

    I loves me some Green Lantern Corps. Comic Book Resources posted a list of 15 Marvel superheroes who they think would make good Green Lanterns:
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-green-lanterns/

    15. Spider-Man
    14. Deadpool
    13. Daredevil
    12. Ghost Rider
    11. Storm
    10. Captain America
    9. Thor
    8. Nova
    7. Cyclops
    6. Iron Man
    5. Rogue
    4. Wolverine
    3. Colossus
    2. Iron Fist
    1. Black Knight

    The link has pictures of each character as a Lantern, so you should probably check it out if you're interested.

    Who do you think would have the willpower to make a good Green Lantern?
    avatar
    mindspike
    Admin

    Posts : 693
    Activity : 857
    Geek-Cred : 39
    Join date : 2010-08-24
    Age : 44
    Location : Evansville, IN

    Re: Marvel characters as Green Lanterns

    Post  mindspike on February 12th 2018, 9:21 am

    I've always thought Peter Parker was one of the toughest characters in the MU when it comes to persevering through hardship.

    The Nova Corps is basically Marvel's version of the Green Lanterns. So that's a good choice.


    _________________
    -Winston Crutchfield
    "The rational mind is dangerous; the Christian mind is devastating."
    http://criticalpressmedia.com
    Opposing Forces powered by Fate!
    avatar
    Reed Benson

    Posts : 313
    Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1
    Join date : 2016-09-13
    Age : 35
    Location : China

    Re: Marvel characters as Green Lanterns

    Post  Reed Benson on February 12th 2018, 6:26 pm

    mindspike wrote:I've always thought Peter Parker was one of the toughest characters in the MU when it comes to persevering through hardship.

    Good point. I kind of wish the list had him as "Peter Parker" instead of "Spider-Man." He'd look good in the traditional Green Lantern outfit.

    The Nova Corps is basically Marvel's version of the Green Lanterns. So that's a good choice.[/quote]

    True, it's like saying, "The Squadron Supreme would make a good Justice League!"
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 4684
    Activity : 6675
    Geek-Cred : 56
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 40
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Marvel characters as Green Lanterns

    Post  Paeter on February 13th 2018, 12:21 pm

    My thinking is more along the lines of "Green Lantern would make a good any-one-of-these-heroes". He can pop claws, wear armor, shoot webs and I'm pretty sure anything else on this list if he uses that ring creatively.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    Reed Benson

    Posts : 313
    Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1
    Join date : 2016-09-13
    Age : 35
    Location : China

    Re: Marvel characters as Green Lanterns

    Post  Reed Benson on February 13th 2018, 8:13 pm

    Paeter wrote:My thinking is more along the lines of "Green Lantern would make a good any-one-of-these-heroes". He can pop claws, wear armor, shoot webs and I'm pretty sure anything else on this list if he uses that ring creatively.

    That makes a lot of sense, too. The only thing that might be difficult would be Spider-Man's webs, I think. If he wanted to shoot webs from the ring and trap a guy, the ring would still have to have a power connection to the webs. If he left, the webs would go with him.
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 4684
    Activity : 6675
    Geek-Cred : 56
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 40
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Marvel characters as Green Lanterns

    Post  Paeter on February 14th 2018, 10:08 am

    Reed Benson wrote:
    Paeter wrote:My thinking is more along the lines of "Green Lantern would make a good any-one-of-these-heroes". He can pop claws, wear armor, shoot webs and I'm pretty sure anything else on this list if he uses that ring creatively.

    That makes a lot of sense, too. The only thing that might be difficult would be Spider-Man's webs, I think. If he wanted to shoot webs from the ring and trap a guy, the ring would still have to have a power connection to the webs. If he left, the webs would go with him.

    Alright, I'm gonna get nerdy here.

    There have been some incarnations of the ring (such as in Kyle Rayner's days flying solo) where the user can choose to exert extra will or energy to create a semi-permanent object, as he did when creating a necklace for his girlfriend that remained while he was adventuring in space.

    So difficult, yes. At least with the final webbing he uses to wrap the bad guys up for the cops. But definitely doable. (And even spidey's webs disintegrate after awhile, so GL's webs could even be better!)


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    Reed Benson

    Posts : 313
    Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1
    Join date : 2016-09-13
    Age : 35
    Location : China

    Re: Marvel characters as Green Lanterns

    Post  Reed Benson on February 14th 2018, 8:00 pm

    Paeter wrote:
    Reed Benson wrote:
    Paeter wrote:My thinking is more along the lines of "Green Lantern would make a good any-one-of-these-heroes". He can pop claws, wear armor, shoot webs and I'm pretty sure anything else on this list if he uses that ring creatively.

    That makes a lot of sense, too. The only thing that might be difficult would be Spider-Man's webs, I think. If he wanted to shoot webs from the ring and trap a guy, the ring would still have to have a power connection to the webs. If he left, the webs would go with him.

    Alright, I'm gonna get nerdy here.

    There have been some incarnations of the ring (such as in Kyle Rayner's days flying solo) where the user can choose to exert extra will or energy to create a semi-permanent object, as he did when creating a necklace for his girlfriend that remained while he was adventuring in space.

    So difficult, yes. At least with the final webbing he uses to wrap the bad guys up for the cops. But definitely doable. (And even spidey's webs disintegrate after awhile, so GL's webs could even be better!)

    Ah, I never knew that. You were surely deeper into the comics than I was during the post-Hal, All-Kyle period.
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 4684
    Activity : 6675
    Geek-Cred : 56
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 40
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Marvel characters as Green Lanterns

    Post  Paeter on February 15th 2018, 10:05 am

    Reed Benson wrote: You were surely deeper into the comics than I was during the post-Hal, All-Kyle period.

    It was a beautiful time in my hobby life. In fact, all this talk about comics, combined with my comics now being out of the attic as I FINALLY fully unpack my office...
    I'm a little tempted to curl up on my reading chair and dig into some DC!


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Sponsored content

    Re: Marvel characters as Green Lanterns

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is December 12th 2018, 11:22 pm